TOOTH AND CLAW: Fear Factor 5 (Terrifying)
How scary is Doctor Who? Our brave Fear Forecasters present a minute-by-minute guide to Tooth and Claw.
(1) From the very beginning, this episode looks different. "Are you sure we've got the right programme?" asks Samuel. "It looks like 'Lord of the Rings'," says Adam. Harry is impressed by the action-packed start: "Woah - flying monks!"
(2) What's under the canvas? Whatever it is, it makes the posh lady and the maids scream. "Why won't they show us?" grumbles a frustrated Amy.
(4) Rose and the Doctor meet Her Majesty. Adam covers his face in embarrassment at Rose's "Scottish" accent, and everyone echoes the word "Balamory!" and laughs. Amy concludes that Queen Victoria is silly for thinking that Rose is naked, because she isn't.
(9) We learn the name of the Estate: "Torchwood again!" shouts Samuel. As things beging to get scary, Harry adopts the foetal position. Amy has discovered a packet of chocolate bunnies and begins munching cheerfully.
(10) Big smiles as Rose fails to get the Queen to say "We are not amused."
(14) The monks are busy in the kitchen: "What a time to make tea!" says Samuel. Soon the soldiers are all collapsing after their drink. "Why did they just faint?" enquires Harry. "It must be cocoa," decides Adam. "That puts you to sleep."
(17) The Queen's sad because she remembers Prince Albert. "Of course she misses him," snaps Samuel, "I learned that at school. She never gets over it until she dies."
(18) "Oooh, it's getting creepy!" smiles Harry as he snuggles closer to his Mum. Amy gives him a disdainful look and continues savagely devouring her chocolate bunny. Adam and Samuel's eyes goggle at the Host's explanation of the stolen boy. Then the caged figure rattles his bars. "Eww!" says Samuel, "look at his horrid teeth!"
(20) The moon is out. Harry watches in horrified fascination as the transformation begins. Adam is impressed by the metamorphosis: "Ooh, it's a bit Harry Potter, isn't it?"
(21) Amy is suddenly very, very worried: all the chocolate bunnies have gone! "Ninja monk!" A big cheer from Samuel as the unfortunate Captain Reynolds gets walloped by Father Angelo.
(22) Harry's enthralled. Amy has started drawing a werewolf and stares intently at the screen every so often to see what it looks like.
(23) Her Majesty shoots Father Angelo. "Go Queen! Go Queen!" chants Samuel. Adam is wondering how safe the Doctor is: "Maybe it won't work on the Doctor if it bites him?"
(24) The moment when the Steward is unexpectedly hauled off his feet by the monster makes Harry and Adam jump!
(26) The chase is on, and the expressions on Harry's face are as if he was on a rollercoaster. Amy's playing it cool. She stands in front of the TV and asks "Do werewolves have ears?" Harry shoos her out of the way.
(28) Our heroes are pursued up the staircase. Then poor brave Captain Reynolds gets devoured by the monster. "Ugh," says Samuel, "all we saw was two mouths!" Adam reassures him: "It would be too gory otherwise. That's why we saw it through the wolf's eyes, all blue."
(29) The Doctor and the werewolf are almost head-to-head. Adam and Samuel stare open-mouthed. Amy breaks the silence - "Are the ears pointy?". Harry responds with an urgent "Shhhh!"
(31) The adults laugh at the Doctor's "wife's away" explanation. "What's funny about that?" asks Samuel. "We'll tell you later," says his Mum. "Yeah, in another few years," whispers Dad.
(32) "Mistletoe!" exclaims Samuel. Adam warns him: "You wouldn't want to eat it, because it's really poisonous." Mum's impressed: "That's right. It's a parasite that grows on other things." "Wow," announces Adam, "just like the werewolf!" Mum looks even more impressed by this.
(33) Samuel isn't convinced that Queen Victoria's in any danger. "She doesn't die until 1901," he says, remembering his school project. "...unless they change history! And then the Reapers will turn up!" he ponders. This continuity discussion is interrupted when the Koh-i-Noor diamond appears. "Ooh!"
(34) The Doctor's getting all excited as he works things out. So are the boys. Then the wolf drops in! Adam and Samuel stare agog at the screen, and Harry has somehow managed to get his right knee in his mouth.
(38) The wolf is pinned by the beam of moonlight. "Yes! It works!" yells Samuel. "Cool!" Harry is relieved as the monster is defeated, whereas Amy is relieved as she finds another chocolate bunny under the sofa.
(40) Laughs at the titles the Doctor and Rose are given, and then (finally!) at the "We are not amused!" But suddenly it all gets serious as the Queen banishes our heroes - Adam is surprised. "It's not a terrible life," retorts Samuel, "unless you've been bitten by a wolf!"
(41) Adam and Samuel giggle at the prospect of a Royal Family of werewolves. But then the Queen's proposal of a new Institute draws a gasp from Samuel. "Torchwood! It's against the Doctor!" Amy and Harry chat animatedly, oblivious to the revelation...