ARMY OF GHOSTS: Fear Factor 4 (Chilling)
How scary is Doctor Who? Our brave Fear Forecasters present a minute-by-minute guide.
(1) A shock revelation! Harry's vexed. "What happens to Rose?"
We see an alien planet. "Coooool!" breathes Samuel.
(4) Things take a sinister turn. Adam: "Jackie doesn't even seem
scared!" Harry agrees: "That's scary!"
(6) The ghostly adverts make Adam and Samuel roar with laughter. Peggy
Mitchell's appearance particularly delights them.
(7) The ghosts reappear. The most frightening thing, decides Adam, is that
no-one is scared of the ghosts. Samuel has gone cold: "Oh no! I've worked it
out!" He hurries over to whisper it to his Mum, so as not to spoil it for
the others. Mum says: "Let's wait and see."
(9) The sphere. "That," says Harry with authority, "is an eyeball!" Amy's
not so sure. Samuel thinks "It looks like Marvin, from Hitch Hikers". Adam isn't entirely convinced: "That was smaller."
(10) Adam senses that Dad is feeling anxious, and holds his hand
comfortingly: "It's very nervewracking," he explains. Then a cyberman appears. "Waaaagh!" yell
Adam, Samuel and Harry. Amy's wide-eyed and tense.
(13) The Torchwood snoggers return. "There's something different about them," ponders Adam. "They're dead" says Harry, sadly. "They're turning into Cybermen". Amy nods solemnly.
(17) 'Mum's still on board'. Everyone finds this hilarious!
(19) The Doctor introduces his companion. Amy, with her keen eye
for detail declares, "That's not Rose! Silly Doctor!"
(22) Rose assesses the situation through a crack in the door. "She
shouldn't go out" advises Amy, sensibly.
(23) Matt's being tempted to leave his desk. "Uh-oh," says Adam, "don't do
it! She's just bait." Dad nods: "I've known girls like
(25) The Doctor's examining the sphere. Adam has his own theory: "Before the universe.... Hell... It IS where that devil came from!"
(26) "Just... go to the left" Amy, never a digit sucker until now, puts her
thumb in her mouth!
(33) It's Mickey! Everyone cheers at this revelation. Especially Amy - she treats her favourite character to a broad grin and a twinkle.
(36) Out with the earpiece. The whole family says "Euuuuurgh!"
(37) Cybermen! Lots of them! Time for kids to clutch their parents!
(39) "They're everywhere!" shouts an over-excited Harry. Amy's back to
sucking her thumb. Harry, who's beyond that now, tries to nibble his big
(40) A monster at the the top of the stairs! "Arrrgh! *Don't* stay in your
homes!" wails Harry.
(41) The sphere is opening... "Oh that is AMAZING!" says Samuel. "Look, it's
got lines on it like a Cyberman's chest." Mickey's got his gun, ready to
face down whatever is in the sphere... and then... and the preview DVD stops.
(42) "FINAL SCENE WITHHELD". There is a long silence.
Samuel boggles at the caption, appalled.
Adam glares accusingly at the screen: "Oh, that is EVIL!"
"Noooo! It can't stop there!" shouts Harry.
"What is it Dad?" demands Amy. "WHAT IS IT?!?"
... And that's the final Fear Forecast for this series. Next week's episode is so secret, not even the Fear Forecasters have seen it.