BBC Home

Explore the BBC


3rd August 2015
Accessibility help
Text only
606. 606 on Radio, TV, Web. The UK's biggest football debate.
Live Line: 0500 909 693 SMS Text: 85058 BBC Radio Five Live.BBC Sport.
Rant Line: 08700 100 500 Email: 606@bbc.co.uk

BBC Homepage
premiership section.
premiership section.


Contact Us


Like this page?
Send it to a friend!

 

or register to join or start a new discussion.

You are here > 606 message boards > Deleted > Redkanpp

Discussion:

Redkanpp

Messages  1 - 20 of 48

 
< Previous 1  2  3  Next >
 

Message 1 - posted by Super Saints (U1751484) , Dec 1, 2005

Do you guys actually want him back?
Complain about a message       

Message 2 - posted by Axel Folly (U1753686) , Dec 1, 2005

speaking on behearth of myself NO!

This is a reply to this message

Complain about a message       

Message 3 - posted by Super Saints (U1751484) , Dec 1, 2005

Yeh wasnt to sure many of you guys would?? Its a similar situation to Hoddle down here maybe he is right man to get you out of the trouble but the fans might not want him??

This is a reply to this message

Complain about a message       

Message 4 - posted by ShinyPompeyDave (U2093071) , Dec 1, 2005

Yes most of us want him back other than the bitter few who will never forgive him for leaving and going to Saints.

This is a reply to this message

Complain about a message       

Message 5 - posted by Weybridge (U1424794) , Dec 1, 2005

I don't think it'd be a particularly good idea. But whats scaring me is he appears to be the best of a bad bunch.

Burley would be my preferred choice as things stand, but his name's not been bandied around. Makes me wonder if Milan has already met with him and not liked what he had to say.

This is a reply to this message

Complain about a message       

Message 6 - posted by salisburypaul (U2311154) , Dec 1, 2005

Yes most of us want him back other than the bitter few who will never forgive him for leaving and going to Saints.

Quoted message from ShinyPompeyDaveShinyPompeyDave




even if you go by the totally unreliable poll in the snooze i wouldn't call40% a few <grr>

This is a reply to this message

Complain about a message       

Message 7 - posted by PortsmouthRock (U1774557) , Dec 1, 2005

Yes most of us want him back other than the bitter few who will never forgive him for leaving and going to Saints.

Quoted message from ShinyPompeyDaveShinyPompeyDave




I don't. Nothing to do with his leaving all to do with the way he runs his clubs for his own benefit.

This is a reply to this message

Complain about a message       

Message 8 - posted by Weybridge (U1424794) , Dec 1, 2005

And just to add - I think Milan could well be listening to the players on this. Apparently Redknapp is their first choice, so perhaps that is the way to go after all.

Someone wake me up when its all over.

This is a reply to this message

Complain about a message       

Message 9 - posted by Kevin Prince Choke-a-pen (U1971839) , Dec 1, 2005

Yeh wasnt to sure many of you guys would?? Its a similar situation to Hoddle down here maybe he is right man to get you out of the trouble but the fans might not want him??

Quoted message from Super SaintsSuper Saints




That's the reason I'm willing to forgive him.

This is a reply to this message

Complain about a message       

Message 10 - posted by Grunners (U1767562) , Dec 1, 2005

Burley would be my preferred choice as things stand, but his name's not been bandied around. Makes me wonder if Milan has already met with him and not liked what he had to say.

Quoted message from WeybridgeWeybridge




There's a rumour Burley's been lined up as the next Rangers boss. If that's the case, then he'd have no interest in the Pompey job.

This is a reply to this message

Complain about a message       

Message 11 - posted by Kevthedog (U2569028) , Dec 1, 2005

Get Harry back , forget about those small minded people that can't see further than their noses and should support Pompey , there is no loyalty in football so get over it and move on , silly person.

This is a reply to this message

Complain about a message       

Message 12 - posted by Axel Folly (U1753686) , Dec 1, 2005

Yes most of us want him back other than the bitter few who will never forgive him for leaving and going to Saints.

Quoted message from ShinyPompeyDaveShinyPompeyDave




I personally started to go off Redknapp the season before, said it on here, his constant whinning and moaning and the farce with Jim Smith, he blatently tried to off load old Jim, just like he successfully did at Southmpton, "chairman says no money for poor old Jim"....hmm, who paid for Woodward, Bassett and Clifford then? Jim's still trying to remove the knife from his back as we speak. The world revolves around redknapp, whilst it should revolve around the football club he works for. Rather than putting 100% into his job, he only puts in 20% and the other 80% goes into his ego and media image. He's just cringingly sad to watch the way he handles things, his away record stinks, has to be one of the worst, and he cant be arsed with any other aspect of the club, unlike other managers who openly try to promote and improve ALL other areas of their club. That's why i dont want him back.

This is a reply to this message

Complain about a message       

Message 13 - posted by Fratton_Eyezer (U1748354) , Dec 1, 2005

Yeah i'd be at FP to welcome him personally!!

This is a reply to this message

Complain about a message       

Message 14 - posted by Axel Folly (U1753686) , Dec 1, 2005

Yeah i'd be at FP to welcome him personally!!

Quoted message from Fratton_EyezerFratton_Eyezer




thats because your his agent.

This is a reply to this message

Complain about a message       

Message 15 - posted by Fratton_Eyezer (U1748354) , Dec 1, 2005

That's only speculation, nothings been proven!!
Yeah i'd be at FP to welcome him personally!!


thats because your his agent.

Quoted message from Axel FollyAxel FollyAxel FollyAxel FollyAxel Folly


This is a reply to this message

Complain about a message       

Message 16 - posted by ShinyPompeyDave (U2093071) , Dec 1, 2005

Yes most of us want him back other than the bitter few who will never forgive him for leaving and going to Saints.


I personally started to go off Redknapp the season before, said it on here, his constant whinning and moaning and the farce with Jim Smith, he blatently tried to off load old Jim, just like he successfully did at Southmpton, "chairman says no money for poor old Jim"....hmm, who paid for Woodward, Bassett and Clifford then? Jim's still trying to remove the knife from his back as we speak. The world revolves around redknapp, whilst it should revolve around the football club he works for. Rather than putting 100% into his job, he only puts in 20% and the other 80% goes into his ego and media image. He's just cringingly sad to watch the way he handles things, his away record stinks, has to be one of the worst, and he cant be arsed with any other aspect of the club, unlike other managers who openly try to promote and improve ALL other areas of their club. That's why i dont want him back.

Quoted message from Axel FollyAxel FollyAxel FollyAxel FollyAxel Folly




He did a fantastic job with virtually no money. Yes our away form was poor but our home form was brilliant. You've got to be realistic we're not Chelsea and I couldn't imigine anyone doing a better job given the resources Harry had.

Look at the current results and team we've got and compare it to what we had with Harry!!

This is a reply to this message

Complain about a message       

Message 17 - posted by salisburypaul (U2311154) , Dec 1, 2005

Id rather have my appendix back - that was poisonous as well ;-)

This is a reply to this message

Complain about a message       

Message 18 - posted by Axel Folly (U1753686) , Dec 1, 2005

This is a reply to this message

Complain about a message       

Message 19 - posted by yeonick (U1973268) , Dec 1, 2005

This is in danger of turning into a farce. Mandaric seems to be media-obsessed, totally out of control and probably totally out of his depth. Harry, nice guy though he is, would IMHO be crazy to step back into this chaos. The manager needs to be someone who can manage Mandaric back into his box first and then get on and manage the team. Harry doesn't manage upwards very well - he ends up by isolating himself. In some respects Robson might have been a better choice since he could get M back in the box, but he's not going to relocate from home in the NE so couldn't become dominant within the Pompey environment - which is what is needed. Big 'eck McLeish was mentored by Fergie and has the experience, tenacity and presence to manage Mandaric and would get my vote. Harry most definitely would not.

This is a reply to this message

Complain about a message       

Message 20 - posted by Axel Folly (U1753686) , Dec 1, 2005

Yes most of us want him back other than the bitter few who will never forgive him for leaving and going to Saints.


I personally started to go off Redknapp the season before, said it on here, his constant whinning and moaning and the farce with Jim Smith, he blatently tried to off load old Jim, just like he successfully did at Southmpton, "chairman says no money for poor old Jim"....hmm, who paid for Woodward, Bassett and Clifford then? Jim's still trying to remove the knife from his back as we speak. The world revolves around redknapp, whilst it should revolve around the football club he works for. Rather than putting 100% into his job, he only puts in 20% and the other 80% goes into his ego and media image. He's just cringingly sad to watch the way he handles things, his away record stinks, has to be one of the worst, and he cant be arsed with any other aspect of the club, unlike other managers who openly try to promote and improve ALL other areas of their club. That's why i dont want him back.


He did a fantastic job with virtually no money. Yes our away form was poor but our home form was brilliant. You've got to be realistic we're not Chelsea and I couldn't imigine anyone doing a better job given the resources Harry had.

Look at the current results and team we've got and compare it to what we had with Harry!!

Quoted message from ShinyPompeyDaveShinyPompeyDave




that's just it, it's an urban myth that it was all on a shoestring, add up the fee's, agent's fee, and payoff due to excessive players turnover and i'll beat we're right up there with most clubs that could be considered a similar size/stature to us. Twitchy is great at PR, one of teh best, he'd could make most people believe anything he wanted, simple truth is yes he had a great home record but that's about it. Portsmouth FC cannot continue to operate the transfer policy in recent years, we need a manager who'll be here for the long term - Redknapp is not that man. Regardless of what division were in, successful clubs are ones that have a stable management team, and a hardcore of players that will be around long term. constant chopping and changing (retirments, injury prone players etc included) is not the way forward in my opinion.

This is a reply to this message

Complain about a message       
< Previous 1  2  3  Next >
Getting Involved help: How to reply to messagesThis link opens in a new popup window
Complain help: Alert us about a messageThis link opens in a new popup window
Online Safety help: Are you being safe online?This link opens in a new popup window

Messages  1 - 20 of 48

 



About the BBC | Help | Terms of Use | Privacy & Cookies Policy