|reviews / editor album review||
content by: editor
to access audio and video on collective you need real player.
Massive Attack’s soul brother flexes his turntables.Compare Daddy G’s DJ sets to 100th Window and it’s obvious that Grant Marshall took Massive Attack’s soul, along with all the tunes, when he left the studio after Mezzanine. Wise enough to know that great DJ-ing is about moving people with feeling rather than obscurantist point-scoring, Marshall flows through Willie Williams’ reggae, Leftfield’s tech-dub and Danny Krivit’s excellent re-edit of Aretha Franklin’s Rock Steady before finishing with the still utterly untouchable Unfinished Sympathy. You listening 3D? Assuming you can hear anything at all with your head up there.
Daddy G - DJ Kicks, released 18 October 04 on !K7.
1. Intro (by Philip Levi & Tipper Irie)
2. Willie Williams - Armagideon Time
3. Sound Dimension - Rockfort Rock
4. Melaaz - Non Non Non
5. Tricky - Aftermath (Unreleased Mix)
6. Meters - Just Kissed My Baby
7. Nusrat Fateh Ali Khan - Mustt Mustt (Massive Attack Remix)
8. Les Negresses Vertes - Face A La Mer (Massive Attack Remix)
9. Massive Attack – Karma Koma (The Napoli Trip)
10. Johnny Osbourne - Budy Bye
11. Badmarsh & Shri – Signs (Dublate Mix)
12. Barrington Levy - Here I Come (Dublate Version)
13. Foxy Brown - Oh Yeah
14. Leftfield - Inspection/Check One
15. Massive Attack & Mos Def - I Against I
16. Aretha Franklin - Rock Steady (Danny Krivit Edit)
17. Massive Attack - Unfinished Sympathy (Perfecto Mix by Paul Oakenfold)
Read members' comments.
note: The BBC is not responsible for the content of external internet sites.
music archiveaccess 1000s of articles
Long live Collective. Read our editor and member features.