Looking back it has been a hugely enjoyable season but before we look ahead. A few completely pointless questions to keep fellow toffees entertained for at least 2 minutes ...
1. If we had failed to get past the opening round of the UEFA, would we have been fresher, more injury free at the end of the season and been within reach of claiming 4th spot?
2. If Joleon had not been so badly fouled by Wright Philips in the Semi 1st leg (so badly effected that he scored an og) and we had ended up 1-1, would we have made the final.
3. If Mr Clutterbuck had refereed the Goodison derby in a gentle, fair fashion and say, it ended up 2-2, would the team still have played like men possessed and gone undefeated until Christmas.
4. Without losing players to the African Nations would we have done noticeably better?
5. If we had the choice, do we need a better players or more players (not both)
ie. is our current best team good enough if we have strong cover for injuries, or do we need to get rid of a few first teamers for more quality.
6. Will Everton ever be in a position when we can make say 7 changes from a Premiership match v Man United for a UEFA Cup match v Luton and still field a strong side.