BBC HomeExplore the BBC
This page has been archived and is no longer updated. Find out more about page archiving.

27 November 2014

BBC Homepage
»BBC Local
Things to do
People & Places
Religion & Ethics
Arts and Culture
BBC Introducing
TV & Radio

Sites near Derby

South Yorkshire

Related BBC Sites


Contact Us

Match Reports

Castle Donington 1 - 10 Belper Town U15 Saturday

By Dave Jones
Conor Peat helped himself to six goals as Castle Donington were well and truly beaten at home in the Derby City League, Saturday Youth Section.

Just a few weeks ago, Castle Donington visited Belper and ended up on the wrong end of a seven-goal rout – this return game was to end in another heavy defeat for Donington who stayed firmly rooted to the bottom of the table.

From the kick off, Town went on the offensive and began to pound the Donington goal with wave after wave of attack.

Connor Peat and Keil Hayward both went close within five minutes as the Town side declared their intentions for the game.

On ten minutes Belper took the lead through Peat converting a Mark Green cross, a move that was to be repeated on more than one occasion.

Town came close to doubling the lead on the quarter hour mark as an in swinging corner was turned into a game of head tennis; with the ball eventually falling to the feet of Hayward who could only screw his shot wide of the upright.

A smooth passing move finally bought the Town second goal as Ash Dhindsa laid the ball out to Green on the right, who pulled back a cross into the box to be met by a powerful right foot volley from Peat.

Turning from scorer to provider, Peat played an inch perfect one-two move with Ashley Beddoes who completed a marauding run down the left wing by burying a firm shot into the bottom of the net.

As the half hour mark approached, Donington made a rare foray into the Town half and a strong attacking run was rewarded with a penalty after defender Beddoes was harshly judged to have brought down the advancing striker.

Keeper Kington was unable to stop the kick but the goal didn’t signal a resurgence for Castle Donington.

Just five minutes later, Peat completed his hat trick converting what was now becoming a familiar move with the ball being played out wide from midfield and an almost inch perfect cross being dropped into the Donington area.

Just one minute later, a Peat corner was flicked into the goal on the near post by Dhindsa to make it 1-5 with the half drawn to a close with number six for Town coming from the rampant Peat.

The second half began more promisingly for Castle Donington. In the first quarter of the half, they put together a number of penetrating runs finding holes in a Town defence that had taken on a new shape for the second half.

But their efforts were in vain as once again Peat found the back of the net on twenty minutes with a swinging cross that spun into the net.

Peat completed his double hat trick just a minute later side footing the ball past a static keeper. Despite the mounting goal tally, Donington kept fighting throughout the half but there were more goals left in the Belper attack.

Karl Beal found his name on the score sheet after converting a Patrick Smith cross on seventy minutes and the game was finally killed off on seventy five minutes by Dhindsa for his second and Town’s tenth.

A great confidence-boosting win for Town who now face playing two games a week in a punishing run in to the end of the season.

Dave Jones

last updated: 28/03/07
Go to the top of the page

[an error occurred while processing this directive]

About the BBC | Help | Terms of Use | Privacy & Cookies Policy