MEPs vote on Tobacco Products Directive
Video for this item of business will appear here.
On 8 October 2013, MEps held their daily voting session, during which they voted to:
- approve a cooperation agreement between the EU and Ukraine on a civil Global Navigation Satellite System
- approve using the European Globalisation Adjustment Fund to support workers recently made redundant in Italy
- adopt various non-legislative reports by parliamentary committees
- pass new rules to improve the living and working conditions of seafarers
- approve a series of new laws on tobacco marketing
- approve a fisheries agreement between the EU and Mauritania, despite opposition from the chair of the Fisheries Committee.
The votes will be followed by MEPs giving explanations for the way in which they voted.
The European Parliament's disclaimer on the use of simultaneous interpretations can be found here.
Read Democracy Live's guide to how the plenary sessions work here.