Members of the Education Committee are beginning a new inquiry into the underperformance in education of white working class children.
The committee will examine the reasons for the underachievement of white working class children, and what can be done to improve their educational outcomes.
Evidence is being heard from:
Panel 1 at 9.30am:
- Dr Feyisa Demie, Head of Research and Statistics, Lambeth Borough Council
- Julian King-Harris, Head of School Improvement and Standards, Slough Borough Council
- Professor David Gillborn, Professor of Critical Race Studies, Director of the Centre for Research in Race and Education, University of Birmingham
- Dr John Jerrim, Lecturer in Economics and Social Statistics, Institute of Education
Panel 2 at 10.30am:
- Professor Becky Francis, Professor of Education and Social Justice, King's College London
- Loic Menzies, Director, LKMco
- Jenny North, Director of Policy and Strategy, Impetus-The Private Equity Foundation
- Professor Robert Plomin, Professor of Behavioural Genetics, King's College London