What is Un Tro
Un Tro is a series for pre-school children produced by BBC Cymru Wales for 'Cyw' - S4C's service for the youngest children. You can still watch all the programmes on this website, by clicking on Gwylio (Watch). Simply choose a programme to watch and enjoy!Here are the titles from the series:
- Jac a'r Goeden Ffa (Jack and the Beanstalk)
- Cleddyf Arthur (The Sword in the Stone)
- Y Dywysoges ar Ras (The Racing Princess)
- Rhosyn yr Aifft (Dancing Rose)
- Y Swynwr Sarff (Snake Charmer)
- Yr Ymerawdwr a'r Eos (The Emperor and the Nightingale)
- Y Tylwyth Teg a'r Crydd (The Elves and the Shoemaker)
- Y Brenin Midas (King Midas)
- Muri ar y Lloer (Muri on the Moon)
- Y Crochan Hud (The Magic Porridge Pot)
- Y Babi Bynip (The Baby Buniyp)
- Yr Hwyaden Aur (The Golden Duck)
- Palas y Morloi (The Palace of the Seals)
- Y Dywysoges a'r Ddoli Bren (The Woodcarver and the Princess)
- Y Goeden Ffrwythau (The Wonderful Fruit Tree)
- Elen Benfelen a'r Tri Arth (Goldilocks and the Three Bears)
- Y Carped Hud (The Flying Carpet)
- Y Brwsh Paent Hud (The Magic Paint Brush)
- Y Storiwr a'r Dewin (The Storyteller and the Wizard)
- Y Gystadleuaeth Ddawns (Dancing Princess)
- Y Cawl o Garreg (Stone Soup)
- Rapynsel (Rapunzel)
- Pam fo'r Môr yn Hallt (Why the Sea is Salty)
- Cantre'r Gwaelod
- Y Tri Mochyn Bach (The Three Little Pigs)
Myths and legends
Myths, legends and age-old tales from around the world are lifted off the pages and straight into a child's imagination. Combining animation and live action, Un Tro is an innovative mix of pop-up book, silent movie and magical stage play with children playing the characters, telling the tales, helping create the artwork and performing all the songs.
Stories include 'Cantre'r Gwaelod' from Wales, 'Y Dywysoges a'r Ddoli Bren' (The Woodcarver and the Princess) from Java island and from France, 'Cawl o Garreg' (Stone Soup). Other myths come from Persia, China, Denmark, Germany, Scotland and South America to name a few.
On this website children can make jigsaw puzzles (Jig-so), play Spot the difference (Gweld y gwahaniaeth) and print out and colour pictures (Lliwio.) All the drawings used in the activities are the work of school children and screen grabs from the first ten television episodes.
How to watch
The English language version of Un Tro is called Tellytales.