Information For Parents and Teachers
Y Goeden Greu is part of a collection of Welsh language websites for children aged 5-7. Other resources for key stage 1 include:
- Astro Antics (Welsh second language)
- Camau Cyfri (Maths)
- Doctor Dot (Science)
- Peiriant Amser (History)
Y Goeden Greu contains animated stories, songs sung by a group of strange but friendly creatures and poems by some of the best Welsh language children's poets. There are also creative and interesting activities based on all of these.
There are four stories:
• Mami Wata by Jan Blake (Adapted by Eirlys Eckley)
• Jîni y Darten Geirios by Christina Shingler (Adapted by Elin Meek)
• Jac Do by Gwenno Hughes
• Chwilio am yr Haul by Rob Lewis (Adapted by Elin Meek)
You can watch or read the story then do story sequencing, changing and creating story activities.
To watch full screen versions of the stories, go to the video page.
Four songs are sung by four friendly creatures:
• Cân Ychapych
• Baled Beni Waered
• Rap Gwditwhw
• Cân Rwbi Dwbi
You can choose new words for the chorus and new clothes for the characters to wear when they're singing.
There are four poems:
• Bachgen Da Ofnadwy by Ceri Wyn Jones
• Diwrnod Diflas Du by Myrddin ap Dafydd
• Sôs Coch by Tudur Dylan Jones
• Ysgol yr Adar Bach by Mererid Hopwood
Listen to what Ychapych, Beni Waered, Gwditwhw and Rwbi Dwbi think of the poems then give your opinion using words and pictures.
Audio and visual help
Click on the 'Cymorth clyweledol' button to:
• resize on-screen text and change text and background colours
• hear on-screen text being read out
• make captions available for most video and audio content.
These preferences are not accessible while you are in the Information For Parents and Teachers section.
You can also navigate most content using the keyboard.