Cumbria is a haven for artists of every hue. If you're one of them, we've got space in our online gallery for you to show your work.
Get your work in the gallery
If you are a Cumbrian artist, or have strong Cumbrian links, you can have your own page on the BBC, with a gallery of up to ten images, just by sending us some basic information.
- A short profile: 500 words about you and your work. Please include contact information, and details of current and forthcoming exhibitions.
- A photo or two of yourself.
- Up to ten images of examples of your work, and information about each piece, such as its name, when it was created, what materials have been used and what inspired the creation.
Collect that little lot together in an e-mail and send it to email@example.com, and leave the rest to us.
If you can't send it all in an e-mail, write it all to a CD and pop it into the post to:A note on sending your submissions in:
Call for Artists
Cumbria CA3 8BB
- For images we need jpeg (.jpg) files, but tiffs (.tif) or bitmaps (.bmp) files are fine too. They should be a minimum 500 pixels wide for best results.
- For your details either include them in the body of the email, or as a text file suitable for opening in any word-processing program.
- Please don't send details embedded in DTP program files such as QuarkXpress, Pagemaker, In Design or MS Publisher - we aren't able to open these, and please don't place the images in MS Word files or similar either, we can't extract them for the gallery!
Q. I’ve sent pictures to you, why aren’t they in the Artists section?
A. We receive a lot of emails, pictures and comments each and every day and as a small team we have to prioritise the work we have. But be assured if your work is suitable for the galleries it will appear there.
Q. Can I have my gallery updated on a regular basis?
A. No – regard this section as a showcase for the best examples of you work.
Q. You’ve emailed me and asked for the images/ text again. Why?
A. See the notes above on what we require for submissions.
Q. How do I know when my pages are online?
A. We’ll send you an email with the links to the pages of your work on our site.
Q. Why are the captions on my pictures different to the ones I sent in?
A. We have very limited space to caption the images due to the publishing system we use, so occasionally we need to edit the captions to fit. For each image in the gallery we are currently limited to 250 characters!