It's geek city as Sprinfield hosts a comics convention.
Written by Jeff Martin
Directed by Wes Archer
Also starring: Pamela Hayden, Russi Taylor
Special guest voices: Daniel Stern (as The Wonder Years' narrator), Clons Leachman (as Mrs Glick)
Premise: Bart must have Issue One of Radioactive Man ($100) but even after working hard for Mrs Glick, he hasn't enough cash until he teams up with Milhouse and Martin, and they buy it jointly to share on schooldays. But who will keep it at weekends?
Features: Nelson Muntz, Otto, Milhouse, Barney, Lou and Eddie, Patty and Selma, Apu.
Couch: The sofa falls over backwards, but Maggie gets up.
And introducing: The Android's Dungeon Guy.
- It is the twelfth annual Close Encounter of the Comic Book Kind Convention.
- Lisa collects Casper the Friendly Ghost comics.
- Some attendees are dressed up for the occasion; costumes include Krusty the Klown, Bug Man and Radioactive Man. Bart, of course, is Bartman.
- Patty and Selma are fans of Frankie Avalon.
- Buddy Hodges has just finished a run in Cats.
Homage: There's a great sequence parodying The Wonder Years - Bart stares into the distance and his voice is heard saying 'I didn't realise it at the time, but a little piece of my childhood had slipped away for ever that day...'
Notes: Unless you have a passing understanding of comic books and their buyers' behaviour, some of this will pass you by. Believe every cruel word.