get to the end of Trelowarren Street you will see an impressive building.
This is the Wesleyan Centenary Chapel. It was built in 1839 to commemorate
the centenary of Charles Wesley's conversion in 1738, it is still used
To the left
of the Chapel, on the site of the supermarket, was formerly Holman's No
1 works and offices.
Holmans founded in 1801 became internationally
famous in the manufacture of Compressed-Air equipment of all types.
The company was among the first
to produce an efficient and marketable rock-drill and this gave Cornish
mining another 40 years of life.
First World War, Holmans expanded
considerably exporting to every mining camp in the world and the Civil
Holmans Foundry was the major employer in Camborne for many years. The
No. 1 Works and an office building were situated at the site of the current
Tesco supermarket. There were two other sites in the Town designated No
2 & No 3 works.
the main attractions of Camborne in our historical virtual Walk Through
to visit Camborne Town Council website