Find up to date commissioning priorities and contacts by genre
Open University priorities
- Inspire people to find out more about subjects or topics by visiting OU’s Open Learn, the Open Educational Resources portal for free learning.
- Provide the stimulus for further study at The Open University.
- Are intellectually challenging and focus on priority subject areas.
- Explore new ways of delivering content and interactivity for the audience, via mobile, online and on demand services.
- Stimulate 'local' audiences and provide outreach in Scotland, Northern Ireland, Wales and English Regions.
- Connect to the OU's teaching and provide material for modules.
Open University delivery
Find information about delivering a programme to the OU including paperwork, assets and contact information.
Open University Commissioners
Open University, Head of Broadcast CommissioningEmail Caroline
Kim Shillinglaw announces ambitious range of new programmes across drama, comedy and factual for BBC Two
Speaking today at the Edinburgh Television Festival, Kim Shillinglaw, Controller of BBC Two and BBC Four, talks about her first year at the helm of BBC Two and announces a wide range of new titles, which demonstrate her ambition for the channel.
Interview with Saba Douglas-Hamilton
BBC Two has announced the commission of a brand new three-part series set in Greater Manchester, Dance Hall Days (working title) to be broadcast in 2016.
Tony Grisoni (Fear And Loathing In Las Vegas, Southcliffe, The Red Riding Trilogy, The Unloved) adapts this unique thriller from one of Britain’s foremost fantasy writers. China Miéville, three-time winner of the prestigious Arthur C. Clarke Award, published The City And The City in 2009 to dazzling acclaim, drawing comparisons with Kafka, Orwell and Philip K Dick.
Speaking at the Edinburgh International TV Festival, BBC Two Controller Kim Shillinglaw announced the channel is still on the lookout for single, talent led Documentary ideas.
Search the site
Can't find what you need? Search here