Find up to date commissioning priorities and contacts by genre
Documentary priorities on BBC One
- Actively seeking more ambitious Documentary ideas driven by greater innovation that will work at 9pm and 10.35pm made by the best directing talent.
- Observational Documentary series with purpose and broad appeal which feel forensic and new. Big characters and strong compelling narratives and unmediated access to pockets of hidden Britain.
- Formats that capture the public imagination. Transformational or social experiments. Driven by emotion and relevance with innovative constructs and cross genre approaches: 9pm.
- Documentary Landmark Events: 9pm.
- Reputational and reactive singles: 9pm.
- Attention-grabbing singles: 10.35pm.
- Light formatted series suggestions welcome.
Documentary priorities on BBC Two
- Popular access pieces with a lighter tone and territories that provide real wit and warmth.
- Dramatic Observational pieces which can be played as a strip.
- Observational Documentary series with purpose and privileged access. 8pm or 9pm.
- Formats that illuminate the fault lines of modern Britain. Transformational or addressing social issues.
- Reputational singles that reflect the national conversation: 9pm.
- Entertaining formats that are witty and warm: 9pm.
- Stand out singles with emotion and surprise.
- Unmediated, character driven series’.
- Travel with an element of mischief and adventure.
Documentary priorities on BBC Three
Singles (as part of series and seasons)
Access driven new series: two - six x 60 minutes.
BBC Fresh: New Directors.
Documentary priorities on BBC Four
- Observational Documentary series: 9pm. Singles: stand alone or as part of a series.
Fresh Documentaries on BBC Three
BBC Fresh: New Directors
BBC Fresh gives up-and-coming Filmmakers the chance to have their one hour Documentary films broadcast on BBC Three. Each year six films are selected for commission with a budget of up to £100,000.
BBC Fresh Online
If you are interested in further BBC opportunities for young Directors you can also apply to BBC Fresh Online, an online community for new film-making talent.
Storyville priorities on BBC Four
- Ground breaking films with compelling narratives and strong characters, which though international in scope, have themes that touch us all.
- No turkeys, no worthiness and no dullness.
Head of Documentary CommissioningPitch to Patrick
Commissioning Editor, DocumentariesPitch to Maxine
Commissioning Editor, DocumentariesPitch to Clare
Commissioning Editor, DocumentariesPitch to Danny
Commissioning Editor, DocumentariesPitch to Jamie
Commissioning Executive, DocumentariesPitch to Asaf
Commissioning Editor, StoryvillePitch to Kate
Commissioning Editor, StoryvillePitch to Nick
Commissioning Editor, Documentaries and Factual Commissioning Editor, WalesPitch to Clare
BBC Bitesize is commissioning nine, three minute animated films to support students in developing their revision skills and the skills required to successfully understand and respond to examination questions.
The BBC is advertising for a new Non-Executive Director to join its Executive Board. Nicholas Hytner will be stepping down from the Board to concentrate on his theatrical work.
A range of briefs have been released including a single programme or series of programmes of 15 – 20 minutes embracing the humorous or entertaining side of music and short programmes that tell the story of memorable music moments.
Top international chef and food writer Allegra McEvedy and world-renowned executive pastry chef Graham Hornigold have been announced as the new judges of CBBC’s Junior Bake Off.
Filming has now started on the brand-new, action-packed series of Wolfblood with a fresh new look and cast for the hit CBBC drama.
Search the site
Can't find what you need? Search here