If you are interested in pitching ideas to a BBC Network Radio Station from your production company, you need to be signed up to the BBC Radio Independent Production Company database.
This page includes information for pitching ideas to the National Network Radio Stations:
Radio 1/1Xtra, Radio 2, Radio 3, Radio 4/4Extra, Radio 5 Live/Sports Extra, Radio 6 Music and the Asian Network.
(for BBC Network Radio stations)
As a member of the list you will hear about commissioning rounds, information concerning Radio Independent production companies and you'll be able to pitch to the BBC radio networks.
To join the database, please complete the Pro-Forma (in the downloads section on the top right of this page) and email it to RadioCommissioningEnquiries@bbc.co.uk (contact: 020776 51865).
This database replaces any list of independent prouction companies previously held by the separate networks.
Unfortunately, we are unable to list the names and contacts of companies on the website who are members of the Independent Production Company database as the list is constantly changing and being updated.
The requirements for entry on the database are:
• Being a registered corporate entity
• Enlisted on the Data Protection Act register (or good reason why not) and be willing to complete relevant training if needed.
• Have experience of delivering whole programmes to Network Radio, or have access to people who have experience of delivering whole programmes to Network Radio.
• Agreeing to the BBC Terms of Trade and Terms and Conditions for Proteus
• Ability to meet the BBC’s technical requirements
• Have adequate health and safety resources and procedures that are in line with the BBC’s Health & Safety requirements
• A fully completed Pro-forma
If you are an individual looking to work with an independent production company then any production company you work with will be able to sign up to the database. Check with them if they are signed up to the database, and if not then point them in the direction of this web page where they can sign up to the database before pitching ideas.
The Ideas from the Public page contains more information about looking for Independent Production Companies.
Please see the announcement from 2011 for more information about the Indie database and why we have created it.
Copyright © 2015 BBC. The BBC is not responsible for the content of external sites. Read more.
This page is best viewed in an up-to-date web browser with style sheets (CSS) enabled. While you will be able to view the content of this page in your current browser, you will not be able to get the full visual experience. Please consider upgrading your browser software or enabling style sheets (CSS) if you are able to do so.