Health and Safety
The areas where the BBC Discover Your Coast walks are sited form part of an ever-changing natural and man-made environment. In the interests of safety and conservation, before you choose to explore the history beneath your feet, you are advised to assess the suitability of the route.
The BBC can not be held responsible for any mapping inaccuracies or any accidental injury/damage that may occur in your choice to take up the challenge of any one of the published walks.
None of the Discover Your Coast walks should pose any onerous challenge as long as:
- You know your capabilities and don't overstretch yourself
- You are familiar with the walk before you go
- You know what you are liable to expect on the walk
- You can find your way using the information supplied
- You are properly equipped for the walk
- You take a sensible approach to the weather
- You are aware of any natural hazard such as tidal conditions
- You have informed family/friends of your plans (and estimated time of return)
Tel: 0870 900 7788
for a free Open University Discover Your Coast pack - or
The BBC is not responsible for the content of external