Mike the Knight is a brand new animated TV series bringing the excitement and enchantment of medieval times into the life of the modern pre-schooler for the very first time. In each action-packed episode, viewers are transported to a world filled with marvellous missions, castles, dragons, Vikings and trolls.
Mike is an energetic, cheeky yet bountiful young knight-in-training, driven by his passion to help others and, along the way, be the best knight he can be. With his father, the King away exploring faraway lands Queen Martha has put Mike in charge of helping her protect the Kingdom of Glendragon.
Determined to do his best, through comedy and adventure with his rallying cry ‘Be a knight, do it right’ Mike learns the power of responsibility and how to do things the right way.
With a little help from his Big Book for little Knights in training, the would-be-hero rises to each episode’s mission with the help of his closest friends: Sparkie and Squirt a pair of friendly, quirky dragons, and his trusty steed Galahad. Never far from the action and always willing to help out is Mike’s fun and free-spirited sister Evie, a wizard in training.
At the start of each new challenge, Mike dons his armour and is ready to tackle anything from horse riding to helping prepare for feasts and festivals, from guarding the castle to good citizenship and, of course, knowing how to rescue a princess.
He is aided in his pursuits with some nifty medieval gadgets, including his enchanted sword and his shield. Thanks to one of Evie’s spells Mike is never quite sure what magical object will appear when he draws his sword. But what the valiant apprentice fails to realise is that the object will always come in handy for completing the mission of the day.
Topping and tailing each episode is Fernando, the resident bard, who acts as the storyteller. Incredibly funny, his witty ditties begin and end each episode on a humorous note.
This chivalrous new series is set to send young viewers on an enchanted voyage of discovery.
Mike the Knight is a co-production between HIT Entertainment and Nelvana Studio and is HIT’s first new hero preschool series since Bob the Builder. The series was created by Alexander Bar (Lunar Jim) and the head writer is Marc Seal (Head writer, Bob the Builder).
The educational value of the show
Mike the Knight helps children to:
- Champion their responsibilities and learn the power of responsibility. Mike not only takes it upon himself to protect the kingdom but is often empowered to protect the kingdom by his mum or the villagers.
- Be inspired to do things to the best of their ability. Mike always goes the extra mile to help out and do things 'right' - even if at first you don't succeed!
- Understand the importance of friendship and loyalty
- Realise the importance of teamwork - Mike sometimes tries to resolve problems by himself but eventually realises that some things are better resolved when working together.
- Be considerate of others
- Appreciate their own personal self-development - mike always betters himself through his actions.