No more CBeebies Birthdays on iPlayer
As of November 2013, the CBeebies Birthday cards will only be shown on the CBeebies Channel and will no longer be available to watch on iPlayer or the CBeebies website after transmission.
We are alerting you to this change so that you can make sure you’re around to watch the CBeebies birthdays when they transmit or record them to watch at a later date.
You can find the exact times that CBeebies Birthdays are scheduled each day at the bottom of this page. We have also included details of the programmes either side of the birthdays slot. If you are recording the birthdays, the best method is to record both these programmes to be certain of catching the birthdays.
These details are updated every week so make sure to check back when you are looking out for a birthday card on CBeebies.
Birthdays on CBeebies
Birthdays are always very popular on CBeebies and so we have made three ways to celebrate birthdays with CBeebies. You could:
- Have your birthday greeting on Interactive TV (this is the red button service); or
- Send in a birthday card to CBeebies to possibly be shown on TV
- Generate an online birthday greeting personalised for your child
A birthday message on Interactive TV (BBC Red Button)
To see birthday messages on Interactive TV, press the Red Button whilst watching the CBeebies channel. Choose Birthdays and use the Left and Right arrows to scroll between messages.
We'll always try to feature as many birthday messages as we can, but we can't guarantee that everyone's will be shown. Please note, we have limited space so your message may be shortened to fit. An example of a message could be: "James, 5 years old, from Mummy, Daddy & Jack".
You can improve the chances of your message appearing by including the following details:
- Send in your greeting at least a week before the big day.
- Make sure the subject line of your email reads 'Birthdays mm/dd'
- Include your child's name, age and who the message is from.
You can email your birthday message to: firstname.lastname@example.org, writing 'Birthdays mm/dd' (the child's birthday) in the subject field.
You can also use this email address to send in other star of the week messages for example to mark your child's special achievement.
Or you can post details to:
CBeebies Red Button Birthdays
PO Box 1234
Please note that this service is currently only available to Sky and Freeview digital viewers
A birthday card on TV
Birthday cards on TV are very popular. We receive many more birthday cards than we have time to show. We are currently only able to feature around half the cards we receive so we apologise in advance for any disappointment this may cause. This is why we have other birthday options available.
CBeebies birthday cards are shown 365 days a year, even on Christmas Day!
Birthday cards need to reach us four weeks before the date of your child's birthday.
Postage restrictions on the size of parcels have recently changed. From now on, unfortunately we cannot accept cards that exceed the dimensions of a Medium Parcel. Your package or envelope must be no longer than 61cm, and no wider than 46cm.
- Send your card so that it arrives at least four weeks before the birthday.
- If possible do not roll the card into a postage tube.
- Put the first name only and age of the child on the front of your birthday card.
- Put your message and the date of the birthday on the back, (to avoid personal information being shown on camera).
- Do not send cards bigger than A2 size.
- Make sure the card is landscape shape (wide) as opposed to portrait (tall) as this is better for TV.
- If you decorate the cards with TV characters, please make sure that you only use CBeebies ones as commercial images cannot be used for copyright reasons.
- Please make sure that there are no logos or anything identifiable on the child's clothes (such as a school jumper).
Post your card to:
PO Box 1234
We're sorry but we can not return cards or provide recordings.
When cards are read out on TV:
If you are recording CBeebies birthdays the best thing to do is record the programmes either side to be certain of getting the birthdays. See below for details.
This information is updated each Friday evening for the new week beginning on Saturday.
Weekdays on CBeebies Channel - Monday 15th September to Friday 19th September
6.55am between Me Too and Cloudbabies
10.15am between Little Charlie Bear and Let's Play
12.25pm between I Can Cook and Balamory
2.15pm between Little Charlie Bear and Let's Play
3.40pm between Tilly & Friends and Small Potatoes
Weekends on CBeebies Channel - Saturday 13th September and Sunday 14th September
6.50am between Me Too and Cloudbabies
10.20am between Peter Rabbit and Tree Fu Tom
12.25pm between I Can Cook and Balamory
2.30pm between Mister Maker and Nina & The Neurons: Earth Explorers
4.25pm between Justin's House and Kerwhizz
Online Birthday Message Generator:
You can also create a personal message from the Presenters for your little one with the help of our Birthday Message Generator. You can select either Cerrie or Alex to read out a Happy Birthday message directly to your child!