Birthdays are always very popular on CBeebies and you can celebrate birthdays with us by sending in a birthday card to CBeebies to possibly be shown on TV.
Birthdays on CBeebies
A birthday card on TV
Birthday cards on TV are very popular, and we receive many more birthday cards than we have time to show. We are currently only able to feature around half the cards we receive so we apologise in advance for any disappointment caused.
CBeebies birthday cards are shown 365 days a year, even on Christmas Day! If you are sending a card for a birthday over the Christmas period (mid-December to mid-January), please try to send it 6 weeks before the birthday (rather than the usual four weeks), to allow for busy filming schedules.
To have the best chance of seeing your card on TV, we advise the following:
- Send your card so that it arrives at least four weeks before the birthday.
- If possible do not roll the card into a postage tube.
- Put the first name only and age of the child on the front of your birthday card.
- Put your message and the date of the birthday on the back, (to avoid personal information being shown on camera).
- Do not send cards bigger than A2 size.
- Make sure that your package or envelope is no longer than 61cm and no wider than 46cm (the dimensions of a medium parcel).
- Make sure the card is landscape shape (wide) as opposed to portrait (tall) as this is better for TV.
- If you decorate the cards with TV characters, please make sure that you only use CBeebies ones as commercial images cannot be used for copyright reasons.
- Please make sure that there are no logos or anything identifiable on the child's clothes (such as a school jumper).
- By sending in a Birthday Card to the CBeebies House you are confirming that you are the legal guardian of the child or children featured in the birthday card, or that you have sought permission from the legal guardian of the children.
Post your card to:
PO Box 1234
We're sorry but we cannot return cards, let you know if your card will be shown, or provide any recordings.
When cards are read out on TV
Birthday cards are shown at slightly different times each day. To ensure you see the correct TV link, you can watch and/or record all the programmes that are on CBeebies between the following times on your child’s birthday:
Between 6:45am and 7:15am
Between 12:15am and 1:00pm
Between 3:45pm and 4:15pm
Of course, you can delete the surplus programmes once you find the link.
And don’t forget, unfortunately, there is no guarantee a card sent in will be shown.