Search our support
We talked to lots of parents and carers from all walks of life to find out how we can help you. After talking to experts who care for or work with children, we made this series of supportive articles and features.
When you need help, CBeebies can support you or find you places that can. To narrow down the choice on offer, select from our list of categories.
You are viewing our picks
These are just some of our current favourite support features.
- Why should children play outside? Outdoor play improves children's cognitive development as well as making them fitter and healthier
- CBeebies Playtime App updates CBeebies Playtime is a fun and educational app for kids and all fans of CBeebies.
- Radio Podcast Help Help for CBeebies Grown-ups with the radio podcast. How to subscribe, download and make the most of CBeebies Radio!
- Our learning areas - Reading & Writing Help your child learn to read and write
- Tree Fu Tom: Behind The Spells Watch this behind the scenes film about how the spells are designed to help children develop crucial movement skills.
- Internet use and safety Follow some simple safety tips to help your kids to be safe on the Internet
- How Tree Fu Tom Can Help Children With Dyspraxia Dyspraxia is a specific learning difficulty which affects particular aspects of development.
- Phonics: The inspiration behind Alphablocks The show's creator discusses how Alphablocks and its twenty-six colourful characters sprung out of modern phonics techniques.
- Being a parent of a child with special needs - keeping positive Advice on how to stay positive when bringing up a child with special needs
- Using musical instruments in creative play Creative play that involves listening to and making music together can help your child’s learning and development.
- Starting to write It is a magical moment when your child first starts to mark make or write.
- Baby Massage: great for you and your baby You don't need to attend a class to enjoy the wonderful benefits of a baby massage together. Have a go at home!
- Exploring the seasons with children As each season passes, there are so many fun learning opportunities for children to explore.
- Helping children develop coordination skills Lots of ideas to help children develop their movement and coordination skills.
- Helping children with numbers and maths Ideas for supporting and encouraging your child's learning at home.
- Supporting siblings of disabled children Siblings of disabled children require time, attention and support to help them adjust to their brother or sister’s special needs.
- Help with taking a break for disabled children and their families. Short breaks are a really effective way of improving quality of life for disabled children and their families.
- Should you tell the school about your child's disability? Disclosing a disability can be hard, but but it can be of enormous benefit to your child.
- Potty training for toddlers Knowing when your child is ready for toilet training - and some top tips for success.
- Parents as partners Parents and teachers working together can really extend a child's development.