Search our support
We talked to lots of parents and carers from all walks of life to find out how we can help you. After talking to experts who care for or work with children, we made this series of supportive articles and features.
When you need help, CBeebies can support you or find you places that can. To narrow down the choice on offer, select from our list of categories.
There are 176 articles for you:
- Developing listening skills Young children love telling us about everything and anything - but they also need to practise their listening skills.
- The benefits of singing to your baby Singing to your baby can have a profound effect on your baby's development, particularly their speech and language skills.
- Helping children develop coordination skills Lots of ideas to help children develop their movement and coordination skills.
- Pretend play with toddlers Enjoy some imaginative play with your toddler – they’ll love drawing faces and having fun with puppets.
- SEN statutory assessment process What school support is available for a child with special educational needs – and how does the statutory assessment process work?
- Helping children with numbers and maths Ideas for supporting and encouraging your child's learning at home.
- Young children and technology at home Striking a balance is the key when it comes to the amount of time your child spends in front of a TV or computer screen.
- Supporting siblings of disabled children Siblings of disabled children require time, attention and support to help them adjust to their brother or sister’s special needs.
- Getting support for a disability tribunal What you need to know before you consider a disability tribunal claim against a school or nursery.
- What is Makaton? CBeebies Grown-ups - Makaton uses signs, symbols and speech to help children and adults communicate.
- Make time for family mealtimes We all lead busy lives but it’s important to make healthy regular meals a normal part of family life.
- CBeebies Switch Games CBeebies has a range of games which are 'switch' compatible.
- Your toddler: play and his senses Support your toddler's learning by encouraging play that develops sensory awareness.
- Your child's first day at school/nursery Top tips for things you can do to help your child prepare for this important milestone.
- Toddlers and imaginative play Play is essential for your toddler, and a crucial part of their learning.
- Sensory play for babies Your baby has feelings of enjoyment and pleasure from the very start.
- Tummy time for babies Give your baby some tummy time - it helps them see their surroundings from a different perspective and promotes physical development.
- Play with your baby using a treasure basket Your baby can enjoy learning while playing with a collection of easy-to-find items.