Search our support
We talked to lots of parents and carers from all walks of life to find out how we can help you. After talking to experts who care for or work with children, we made this series of supportive articles and features.
When you need help, CBeebies can support you or find you places that can. To narrow down the choice on offer, select from our list of categories.
There are 176 articles for you:
- Watch me go! Paying your toddler attention and joining in with them as they master new skills will really boost their confidence.
- Pre-schoolers making friends How to help your pre-schooler understand what it is to be a friend – and build on the new friendships they are making
- Let’s get planting! Whether it’s planting seeds in a pot or tending flowers or vegetables in a garden, growing things is a wonderful, hands-on learning experience for pre-school children.
- Look who’s counting! Learning to recognise numbers and count can be great fun for toddlers. Here are some tips for helping them along...
- Alphabet fun and games There are lots of fun and creative ways to help your child learn the names and sounds of the letters in the alphabet.
- How toddlers learn about different sounds How you can help your toddler to discriminate between all the different sounds around them.
- How toddlers learn to share Learning to share is a big milestone for many young children. But what can you do to help your little one understand the concept of sharing?
- Helping children learn about shapes and patterns Lots of fun and creative ways to introduce the concept of shape and pattern to young children.
- Family's role in your child's life Help your child to forge strong family connections – even when your relatives live far away.
- Moving and grooving with your child Dancing is a great activity to try with your baby or toddler - it’s fun and will help develop some key skills.
- The development of a baby’s food likes and dislikes Understanding the taste preferences that babies are born with – and how infants learn to like (and dislike) different flavours.
- Fun ideas for healthy lunchboxes Top tips for creating healthy AND delicious packed lunches for your child.
- Toddler Talk What to expect - and how parents can best support their child through the complicated process of learning to talk.
- Teaching children to dress themselves Help your child to acquire the skills they need to dress themselves independently.
- Starting to write It is a magical moment when your child first starts to mark make or write.
- Modern education - not just the 3 Rs Creative development is as important as the other areas in the Early Years Foundation Stage.
- Outdoor play How can the weather in Big City Park be used as a starting point for discussion about the wider world with your toddler?
- Time to get painting Painting with your toddler is a great way for your child to explore colour – and a great way for you to have fun together.