Search our support
We talked to lots of parents and carers from all walks of life to find out how we can help you. After talking to experts who care for or work with children, we made this series of supportive articles and features.
When you need help, CBeebies can support you or find you places that can. To narrow down the choice on offer, select from our list of categories.
There are 176 articles for you:
- Helping a visually-impaired child to learn Help your child learn about the world around them by providing a stimulating environment in which to engage them in exciting, challenging non-visual activities.
- Helping an autistic child to learn How schools, parents and professionals can help a child with autism enhance their communication, social skills and learning development.
- Bringing up a deaf child Raising a child who is deaf may seem a daunting prospect, but there are a host of people and services out there which can offer you and your child support.
- Bringing up an autistic child Life with an autistic child can present numerous challenges, but there are ways of managing your child’s condition and making things easier for both of you.
- The benefits of teaching ICT to autistic children ICT is a great learning tool for children with autism and related communication disorders.
- Being a parent of a child with special needs - keeping positive Advice on how to stay positive when bringing up a child with special needs
- Using musical instruments in creative play Creative play that involves listening to and making music together can help your child’s learning and development.
- Understanding and helping 'fussy eaters' Why children become fussy or picky eaters in their second year - and how you can make foods more familiar and more easily accepted.
- Portion sizes for kids The impact of portion size on children’s eating behaviour – and the best plan of action to take as a parent or carer.
- Augmentative and Alternative Communication (AAC) People who have little or no speech, or whose speech is difficult to understand, use different ways to communicate.
- Sensory fun for pre-school children Sight, sound, taste, touch and smell – how you can help your pre-schooler make sense of the world around them
- Travel with your child with special needs Top tips for successful travel with your child with special needs.
- Mobility help for a disabled child Making it easier for your disabled child to get around presents special challenges, but there is more help available than you might realise.
- The benefits of using Makaton signing Using Makaton signing can boost a child’s confidence and communication skills - and encourage them to express themselves creatively.
- Kids love rhymes and rhyming Singing and chanting rhymes with your toddler can have a dramatic impact on their development - especially their early literacy and language skills.
- The benefits of reading to your baby Enjoying stories with your baby is a great learning experience and it has many positive effects on your child’s development.
- Listening to music with your baby Babies are born with a natural ability to appreciate music - and early exposure to music can have a profound effect on their learning development.
- Making time for books at home Your child may be starting to learn to read on their own at school, but it’s still important to continue enjoying books together at home.