Search our support
We talked to lots of parents and carers from all walks of life to find out how we can help you. After talking to experts who care for or work with children, we made this series of supportive articles and features.
When you need help, CBeebies can support you or find you places that can. To narrow down the choice on offer, select from our list of categories.
There are 50 articles for you:
- Supporting siblings of disabled children Siblings of disabled children require time, attention and support to help them adjust to their brother or sister’s special needs.
- Getting support for a disability tribunal What you need to know before you consider a disability tribunal claim against a school or nursery.
- What is Makaton? CBeebies Grown-ups - Makaton uses signs, symbols and speech to help children and adults communicate.
- CBeebies Switch Games CBeebies has a range of games which are 'switch' compatible.
- Sports for children with disabilities Everyone can enjoy the benefits of sport and activity - including disabled people.
- Help with taking a break for disabled children and their families. Short breaks are a really effective way of improving quality of life for disabled children and their families.
- Should you tell the school about your child's disability? Disclosing a disability can be hard, but but it can be of enormous benefit to your child.
- The Equality Act and disabled children in school or nursery The Equality Act - what this means for children with disabilities in school or nursery.
- Picnic time Top tips and advice for making a picnic with a toddler a healthy and fun affair.
- Meeting new people and diversity There are many ways we can help our child to understand and celebrate diversity.
- How to work with schools Schools and nurseries have a duty not to discriminate against children with disabilities.
- Looking after the grown-up too When your child has additional needs it is important to find time for yourself.
- Financial help for families with disabled children Parents of children with a disability are entitled to a number of benefits.
- Choosing childcare for a disabled child Choosing the right childcare can be challenging if your child has a disability.