Search our support
We talked to lots of parents and carers from all walks of life to find out how we can help you. After talking to experts who care for or work with children, we made this series of supportive articles and features.
When you need help, CBeebies can support you or find you places that can. To narrow down the choice on offer, select from our list of categories.
There are 65 articles for you:
- How toddlers learn about different sounds How you can help your toddler to discriminate between all the different sounds around them.
- Helping children learn about shapes and patterns Lots of fun and creative ways to introduce the concept of shape and pattern to young children.
- Moving and grooving with your child Dancing is a great activity to try with your baby or toddler - it’s fun and will help develop some key skills.
- Toddler Talk What to expect - and how parents can best support their child through the complicated process of learning to talk.
- Starting to write It is a magical moment when your child first starts to mark make or write.
- Modern education - not just the 3 Rs Creative development is as important as the other areas in the Early Years Foundation Stage.
- Time to get painting Painting with your toddler is a great way for your child to explore colour – and a great way for you to have fun together.
- I Can Cook: Cooking and baking with children Cooking with children can be fun and teaches them about numbers, weights, ingredients, new tastes and healthy eating.
- Babies love faces Babies love faces. And, it seems that making use of your babies first 'toy'- the human face - can provide more than just entertainment.
- Learning about colours with kids How grown-ups can help children begin to identify and name colours.
- Exploring the seasons with children As each season passes, there are so many fun learning opportunities for children to explore.
- Spotting and nurturing talent Encouraging your child to try a wide range of activities – without being a pushy parent.
- Developing listening skills Young children love telling us about everything and anything - but they also need to practise their listening skills.
- The benefits of singing to your baby Singing to your baby can have a profound effect on your baby's development, particularly their speech and language skills.
- Pretend play with toddlers Enjoy some imaginative play with your toddler – they’ll love drawing faces and having fun with puppets.
- Helping children with numbers and maths Ideas for supporting and encouraging your child's learning at home.
- What is Makaton? CBeebies Grown-ups - Makaton uses signs, symbols and speech to help children and adults communicate.
- Your toddler: play and his senses Support your toddler's learning by encouraging play that develops sensory awareness.