Search our support
We talked to lots of parents and carers from all walks of life to find out how we can help you. After talking to experts who care for or work with children, we made this series of supportive articles and features.
When you need help, CBeebies can support you or find you places that can. To narrow down the choice on offer, select from our list of categories.
There are 48 articles for you:
- Pre-schoolers making friends How to help your pre-schooler understand what it is to be a friend – and build on the new friendships they are making
- Look who’s counting! Learning to recognise numbers and count can be great fun for toddlers. Here are some tips for helping them along...
- Alphabet fun and games There are lots of fun and creative ways to help your child learn the names and sounds of the letters in the alphabet.
- How toddlers learn about different sounds How you can help your toddler to discriminate between all the different sounds around them.
- How toddlers learn to share Learning to share is a big milestone for many young children. But what can you do to help your little one understand the concept of sharing?
- Family's role in your child's life Help your child to forge strong family connections – even when your relatives live far away.
- Toddler Talk What to expect - and how parents can best support their child through the complicated process of learning to talk.
- Modern education - not just the 3 Rs Creative development is as important as the other areas in the Early Years Foundation Stage.
- We want to cook When it comes to cooking together, grown-ups and children can learn a thing or two about numbers, weights, ingredients, and how to enjoy new foods along the way.
- Developing listening skills Young children love telling us about everything and anything - but they also need to practise their listening skills.
- The benefits of singing to your baby Singing to your baby can have a profound effect on your baby's development, particularly their speech and language skills.
- What is Makaton? CBeebies Grown-ups - Makaton uses signs, symbols and speech to help children and adults communicate.
- Your child's first day at school/nursery Top tips for things you can do to help your child prepare for this important milestone.
- What is phonics? Phonics is a way of decoding written letters and spoken sounds.
- Telling stories to children Reading stories out loud to your toddler really encourages your child's listening skills.
- Toddlers learn by helping Most toddlers love to be close to you and to be involved in everything you do.
- Socks come in matching pairs! Toddlers love to help - and they also enjoy solving simple puzzles too.
- The Equality Act and disabled children in school or nursery The Equality Act - what this means for children with disabilities in school or nursery.