Search our support
We talked to lots of parents and carers from all walks of life to find out how we can help you. After talking to experts who care for or work with children, we made this series of supportive articles and features.
When you need help, CBeebies can support you or find you places that can. To narrow down the choice on offer, select from our list of categories.
There are 43 articles for you:
- Looking after yourself Parenting can be a very rewarding and joyful experience, but it can also be exhausting. Remember to make time to look after yourself and nurture your own needs.
- I am so active! Children's bodies are growing and developing fast and they seem to have a real need to try out their newly-acquired skills at every opportunity.
- Suspecting a problem with your child's development Every child is unique and will develop at their own rate. However, sometimes a parent instinctively knows when something is not quite right. If this is how you are feeling, it’s important to seek advice and support.
- Baby Massage: great for you and your baby You don't need to attend a class to enjoy the wonderful benefits of a baby massage together. Have a go at home!
- Get Moving It’s good for children to relax and unwind after a long day at school, but it's also good for them to get active too!
- The Tasting Game - getting toddlers to try new foods Encourage your child to try new types of food by making the process fun.
- Helping children develop coordination skills Lots of ideas to help children develop their movement and coordination skills.
- Young children and technology at home Striking a balance is the key when it comes to the amount of time your child spends in front of a TV or computer screen.
- Make time for family mealtimes We all lead busy lives but it’s important to make healthy regular meals a normal part of family life.
- Toddlers and imaginative play Play is essential for your toddler, and a crucial part of their learning.
- Tummy time for babies Give your baby some tummy time - it helps them see their surroundings from a different perspective and promotes physical development.
- Play with your baby using a treasure basket Your baby can enjoy learning while playing with a collection of easy-to-find items.
- Toddler sleep Top tips and advice so that you and your toddler both get a good night's sleep.
- Sports for children with disabilities Everyone can enjoy the benefits of sport and activity - including disabled people.
- Schemas: play and your toddler Developmental psychologists call certain sets of play behaviours 'schemas'.
- Potty training for toddlers Knowing when your child is ready for toilet training - and some top tips for success.
- Picnic time Top tips and advice for making a picnic with a toddler a healthy and fun affair.
- Looking after the grown-up too When your child has additional needs it is important to find time for yourself.