Search our support
We talked to lots of parents and carers from all walks of life to find out how we can help you. After talking to experts who care for or work with children, we made this series of supportive articles and features.
When you need help, CBeebies can support you or find you places that can. To narrow down the choice on offer, select from our list of categories.
There are 64 articles for you:
- The benefits of using Makaton signing Using Makaton signing can boost a child’s confidence and communication skills - and encourage them to express themselves creatively.
- Kids love rhymes and rhyming Singing and chanting rhymes with your toddler can have a dramatic impact on their development - especially their early literacy and language skills.
- Toddlers and friendship What you can do to encourage your toddler to play with other children and make new friends.
- Watch me go! Paying your toddler attention and joining in with them as they master new skills will really boost their confidence.
- Look who’s counting! Learning to recognise numbers and count can be great fun for toddlers. Here are some tips for helping them along...
- How toddlers learn about different sounds How you can help your toddler to discriminate between all the different sounds around them.
- Moving and grooving with your child Dancing is a great activity to try with your baby or toddler - it’s fun and will help develop some key skills.
- Toddler Talk What to expect - and how parents can best support their child through the complicated process of learning to talk.
- Outdoor play How can the weather in Big City Park be used as a starting point for discussion about the wider world with your toddler?
- Time to get painting Painting with your toddler is a great way for your child to explore colour – and a great way for you to have fun together.
- Magic moves for toddlers Toddlers just love to show off their latest physical achievements and, thankfully, it can all add up to the beginnings of a healthy lifestyle.
- Looking after yourself Parenting can be a very rewarding and joyful experience, but it can also be exhausting. Remember to make time to look after yourself and nurture your own needs.
- I Can Cook: Cooking and baking with children Cooking with children can be fun and teaches them about numbers, weights, ingredients, new tastes and healthy eating.
- Helping toddlers learn about emotions Just how do young children learn to handle those sudden gushes of fear, happiness, unhappiness, joy, shame and all the common human feelings?
- Keeping active toddlers amused Ways to harness your toddler's seemingly endless energy supply – and help them let off steam.
- The Tasting Game - getting toddlers to try new foods Encourage your child to try new types of food by making the process fun.
- Pretend play with toddlers Enjoy some imaginative play with your toddler – they’ll love drawing faces and having fun with puppets.
- Helping children with numbers and maths Ideas for supporting and encouraging your child's learning at home.