Search our support
We talked to lots of parents and carers from all walks of life to find out how we can help you. After talking to experts who care for or work with children, we made this series of supportive articles and features.
When you need help, CBeebies can support you or find you places that can. To narrow down the choice on offer, select from our list of categories.
There are 72 articles for you:
- Toddlers with lots of questions One of the joys of young children is that they always want to know more!
- Pre-school maths Help your child become more familiar and confident with maths by exposing them to real-life examples of maths skills as you go about your daily routine.
- Bed wetting It can be stressful for both parent and child – but with patience and support, your child will usually become dry in their own time.
- Exploring outdoors Getting out and about – whether it’s pottering in the garden, a trip to the local park or a walk to the shops - is great for stimulating your child’s curiosity to explore the world outside their home.
- Swimming and the Big Splash Swimming has many health and fitness benefits and is something that the whole family can enjoy.
- Using musical instruments in creative play Creative play that involves listening to and making music together can help your child’s learning and development.
- Understanding and helping 'fussy eaters' Why children become fussy or picky eaters in their second year - and how you can make foods more familiar and more easily accepted.
- Portion sizes for kids The impact of portion size on children’s eating behaviour – and the best plan of action to take as a parent or carer.
- Sensory fun for pre-school children Sight, sound, taste, touch and smell – how you can help your pre-schooler make sense of the world around them
- The benefits of using Makaton signing Using Makaton signing can boost a child’s confidence and communication skills - and encourage them to express themselves creatively.
- Pre-schoolers making friends How to help your pre-schooler understand what it is to be a friend – and build on the new friendships they are making
- Let’s get planting! Whether it’s planting seeds in a pot or tending flowers or vegetables in a garden, growing things is a wonderful, hands-on learning experience for pre-school children.
- Alphabet fun and games There are lots of fun and creative ways to help your child learn the names and sounds of the letters in the alphabet.
- How toddlers learn to share Learning to share is a big milestone for many young children. But what can you do to help your little one understand the concept of sharing?
- Helping children learn about shapes and patterns Lots of fun and creative ways to introduce the concept of shape and pattern to young children.
- Family's role in your child's life Help your child to forge strong family connections – even when your relatives live far away.
- Teaching children to dress themselves Help your child to acquire the skills they need to dress themselves independently.
- Starting to write It is a magical moment when your child first starts to mark make or write.