Search our support
We talked to lots of parents and carers from all walks of life to find out how we can help you. After talking to experts who care for or work with children, we made this series of supportive articles and features.
When you need help, CBeebies can support you or find you places that can. To narrow down the choice on offer, select from our list of categories.
There are 26 articles for you:
- Help your children learn a new language Learning other languages can have many benefits for young children.
- How Tree Fu Tom Can Help Children With Dyspraxia Dyspraxia is a specific learning difficulty which affects particular aspects of development.
- Bringing up a child with cerebral palsy One mother’s story – how the condition affects her son, and how she has found the parents of other children with special needs to be the best support.
- Bringing up a child with learning difficulties A child with learning difficulties will take longer to achieve developmental milestones, but there are lots of things you can do to help your child make progress.
- Helping your child prepare for an operation With a little forward planning, your child’s hospital treatment need not be a stressful experience. Here are some tips for making it as easy and relaxed as possible.
- Bringing up a child with ADHD One mother’s story – how ADHD was diagnosed, how the condition affects her son, and how a local support group became a lifeline.
- Bringing up a child with dyslexia One mother’s story – how dyslexia was diagnosed, the support they received and what they have learnt along the way.
- Bringing up a visually-impaired child Raising a child who is blind or partially sighted will present challenges, but if you focus on the positive rather than the negative, it can open up a whole new world for you to enjoy.
- Helping an autistic child to learn How schools, parents and professionals can help a child with autism enhance their communication, social skills and learning development.
- Bringing up a deaf child Raising a child who is deaf may seem a daunting prospect, but there are a host of people and services out there which can offer you and your child support.
- Bringing up an autistic child Life with an autistic child can present numerous challenges, but there are ways of managing your child’s condition and making things easier for both of you.
- Being a parent of a child with special needs - keeping positive Advice on how to stay positive when bringing up a child with special needs
- Augmentative and Alternative Communication (AAC) People who have little or no speech, or whose speech is difficult to understand, use different ways to communicate.
- Travel with your child with special needs Top tips for successful travel with your child with special needs.
- Family's role in your child's life Help your child to forge strong family connections – even when your relatives live far away.
- SEN statutory assessment process What school support is available for a child with special educational needs – and how does the statutory assessment process work?
- Supporting siblings of disabled children Siblings of disabled children require time, attention and support to help them adjust to their brother or sister’s special needs.
- Getting support for a disability tribunal What you need to know before you consider a disability tribunal claim against a school or nursery.