Search our support
We talked to lots of parents and carers from all walks of life to find out how we can help you. After talking to experts who care for or work with children, we made this series of supportive articles and features.
When you need help, CBeebies can support you or find you places that can. To narrow down the choice on offer, select from our list of categories.
There are 35 articles for you:
- The Alphablocks guide to: Phonics Phonics is explained with the help of the Alphablocks.
- Help your children learn a new language Learning other languages can have many benefits for young children.
- Tree Fu Tom: Behind The Spells Watch this behind the scenes film about how the spells are designed to help children develop crucial movement skills.
- How Tree Fu Tom is designed to help your child The moves are designed to assist in the development of physical and neurological skills.
- How Tree Fu Tom Can Help Children With Dyspraxia Dyspraxia is a specific learning difficulty which affects particular aspects of development.
- Toddlers with lots of questions One of the joys of young children is that they always want to know more!
- Pre-school maths Help your child become more familiar and confident with maths by exposing them to real-life examples of maths skills as you go about your daily routine.
- Using musical instruments in creative play Creative play that involves listening to and making music together can help your child’s learning and development.
- The benefits of using Makaton signing Using Makaton signing can boost a child’s confidence and communication skills - and encourage them to express themselves creatively.
- Sensory fun for pre-school children Sight, sound, taste, touch and smell – how you can help your pre-schooler make sense of the world around them
- Let’s get planting! Whether it’s planting seeds in a pot or tending flowers or vegetables in a garden, growing things is a wonderful, hands-on learning experience for pre-school children.
- Alphabet fun and games There are lots of fun and creative ways to help your child learn the names and sounds of the letters in the alphabet.
- Helping children learn about shapes and patterns Lots of fun and creative ways to introduce the concept of shape and pattern to young children.
- Starting to write It is a magical moment when your child first starts to mark make or write.
- Modern education - not just the 3 Rs Creative development is as important as the other areas in the Early Years Foundation Stage.
- 1, 2, 3... and away we go with numbers Simple and fun ways to help your child develop their number recognition skills.
- Cooking and baking with kids Cooking with children can be fun and teaches them about numbers, weights, ingredients, new tastes and healthy eating.
- Learning about colours with kids How grown-ups can help children begin to identify and name colours.