Search our support
We talked to lots of parents and carers from all walks of life to find out how we can help you. After talking to experts who care for or work with children, we made this series of supportive articles and features.
When you need help, CBeebies can support you or find you places that can. To narrow down the choice on offer, select from our list of categories.
There are 18 articles for you:
- How Tree Fu Tom Can Help Children With Dyspraxia Dyspraxia is a specific learning difficulty which affects particular aspects of development.
- Choosing a school for a child with SEN Finding the right educational setting for a child with special needs may mean a difficult choice between mainstream and special school.
- Learning to read: why are books and stories important? Reading with your child can give them a love of stories and books that will stay with them for life.
- Pre-schoolers making friends How to help your pre-schooler understand what it is to be a friend – and build on the new friendships they are making
- Fun ideas for healthy lunchboxes Top tips for creating healthy AND delicious packed lunches for your child.
- Starting to write It is a magical moment when your child first starts to mark make or write.
- Helping children with numbers and maths Ideas for supporting and encouraging your child's learning at home.
- Your child's first day at school/nursery Top tips for things you can do to help your child prepare for this important milestone.
- What is phonics? Phonics is a way of decoding written letters and spoken sounds.
- Should you tell the school about your child's disability? Disclosing a disability can be hard, but but it can be of enormous benefit to your child.
- The Equality Act and disabled children in school or nursery The Equality Act - what this means for children with disabilities in school or nursery.
- Parents as partners Parents and teachers working together can really extend a child's development.
- Meeting new people and diversity There are many ways we can help our child to understand and celebrate diversity.
- CBeebies for 5-6 year olds As children reach school age they begin to spread their wings and want more independence.
- How to work with schools Schools and nurseries have a duty not to discriminate against children with disabilities.
- Maths revision for parents Show your child how exciting and useful numbers and counting can be.
- Financial help for families with disabled children Parents of children with a disability are entitled to a number of benefits.
- Choosing childcare for a disabled child Choosing the right childcare can be challenging if your child has a disability.
Age & needs
- Video (0)
- Audio (0)
- Text (18)
- Game (0)