Search our support
We talked to lots of parents and carers from all walks of life to find out how we can help you. After talking to experts who care for or work with children, we made this series of supportive articles and features.
When you need help, CBeebies can support you or find you places that can. To narrow down the choice on offer, select from our list of categories.
There are 20 articles for you:
- Our learning areas - Physical development Physical development is all about movement, awareness of the body, gaining a sense of space and understanding health and what the body needs.
- Sid and CBeebies Little Swimmers Make a Big Splash Double Olympic Champion Rebecca Adlington joins Sid and the Splashtime gang some swimming tips.
- Bed wetting It can be stressful for both parent and child – but with patience and support, your child will usually become dry in their own time.
- Swimming and the Big Splash Swimming has many health and fitness benefits and is something that the whole family can enjoy.
- Using musical instruments in creative play Creative play that involves listening to and making music together can help your child’s learning and development.
- Understanding and helping 'fussy eaters' Why children become fussy or picky eaters in their second year - and how you can make foods more familiar and more easily accepted.
- Portion sizes for kids The impact of portion size on children’s eating behaviour – and the best plan of action to take as a parent or carer.
- Moving and grooving with your child Dancing is a great activity to try with your baby or toddler - it’s fun and will help develop some key skills.
- Magic moves for toddlers Toddlers just love to show off their latest physical achievements and, thankfully, it can all add up to the beginnings of a healthy lifestyle.
- I Can Cook: Cooking and baking with children Cooking with children can be fun and teaches them about numbers, weights, ingredients, new tastes and healthy eating.
- Helping toddlers learn about emotions Just how do young children learn to handle those sudden gushes of fear, happiness, unhappiness, joy, shame and all the common human feelings?
- Keeping active toddlers amused Ways to harness your toddler's seemingly endless energy supply – and help them let off steam.
- The Tasting Game - getting toddlers to try new foods Encourage your child to try new types of food by making the process fun.
- Make time for family mealtimes We all lead busy lives but it’s important to make healthy regular meals a normal part of family life.
- Toddler sleep Top tips and advice so that you and your toddler both get a good night's sleep.
- Toddlers learn by helping Most toddlers love to be close to you and to be involved in everything you do.
- Sports for children with disabilities Everyone can enjoy the benefits of sport and activity - including disabled people.
- Happy family mealtimes Top tips for making mealtimes with fussy young eaters fun, heathy and less stressful.
Age & needs
- Physical Needs (2)
- Special Educational Needs (0)
- Sensory Impairments (0)
- Diagnoses and medical care (0)
- Support for families (0)
- Video (0)
- Audio (0)
- Text (20)
- Game (0)