Search our support
We talked to lots of parents and carers from all walks of life to find out how we can help you. After talking to experts who care for or work with children, we made this series of supportive articles and features.
When you need help, CBeebies can support you or find you places that can. To narrow down the choice on offer, select from our list of categories.
There are 21 articles for you:
- Our learning areas - Physical development Physical development is all about movement, awareness of the body, gaining a sense of space and understanding health and what the body needs.
- Sid and CBeebies Little Swimmers Make a Big Splash Double Olympic Champion Rebecca Adlington joins Sid and the Splashtime gang some swimming tips.
- Tree Fu Tom: Behind The Spells Watch this behind the scenes film about how the spells are designed to help children develop crucial movement skills.
- How Tree Fu Tom is designed to help your child The moves are designed to assist in the development of physical and neurological skills.
- Bed wetting It can be stressful for both parent and child – but with patience and support, your child will usually become dry in their own time.
- Swimming and the Big Splash Swimming has many health and fitness benefits and is something that the whole family can enjoy.
- Using musical instruments in creative play Creative play that involves listening to and making music together can help your child’s learning and development.
- Understanding and helping 'fussy eaters' Why children become fussy or picky eaters in their second year - and how you can make foods more familiar and more easily accepted.
- Portion sizes for kids The impact of portion size on children’s eating behaviour – and the best plan of action to take as a parent or carer.
- Sensory fun for pre-school children Sight, sound, taste, touch and smell – how you can help your pre-schooler make sense of the world around them
- Let’s get planting! Whether it’s planting seeds in a pot or tending flowers or vegetables in a garden, growing things is a wonderful, hands-on learning experience for pre-school children.
- Cooking and baking with kids Cooking with children can be fun and teaches them about numbers, weights, ingredients, new tastes and healthy eating.
- Movement and imagination Getting little children up and moving and being inspired by their imagination works wonders for their development.
- Helping children develop coordination skills Lots of ideas to help children develop their movement and coordination skills.
- Make time for family mealtimes We all lead busy lives but it’s important to make healthy regular meals a normal part of family life.
- Toddler sleep Top tips and advice so that you and your toddler both get a good night's sleep.
- Sports for children with disabilities Everyone can enjoy the benefits of sport and activity - including disabled people.
- CBeebies for 5-6 year olds As children reach school age they begin to spread their wings and want more independence.