Search our support
We talked to lots of parents and carers from all walks of life to find out how we can help you. After talking to experts who care for or work with children, we made this series of supportive articles and features.
When you need help, CBeebies can support you or find you places that can. To narrow down the choice on offer, select from our list of categories.
There are 41 articles for you:
- Why should children play outside? Outdoor play improves children's cognitive development as well as making them fitter and healthier
- Our learning areas - Physical development Physical development is all about movement, awareness of the body, gaining a sense of space and understanding health and what the body needs.
- Sid and CBeebies Little Swimmers Make a Big Splash Double Olympic Champion Rebecca Adlington joins Sid and the Splashtime gang some swimming tips.
- Tree Fu Tom: Behind The Spells Watch this behind the scenes film about how the spells are designed to help children develop crucial movement skills.
- How Tree Fu Tom is designed to help your child The moves are designed to assist in the development of physical and neurological skills.
- Bed wetting It can be stressful for both parent and child – but with patience and support, your child will usually become dry in their own time.
- Swimming and the Big Splash Swimming has many health and fitness benefits and is something that the whole family can enjoy.
- Using musical instruments in creative play Creative play that involves listening to and making music together can help your child’s learning and development.
- Understanding and helping 'fussy eaters' Why children become fussy or picky eaters in their second year - and how you can make foods more familiar and more easily accepted.
- Portion sizes for kids The impact of portion size on children’s eating behaviour – and the best plan of action to take as a parent or carer.
- Sensory fun for pre-school children Sight, sound, taste, touch and smell – how you can help your pre-schooler make sense of the world around them
- Let’s get planting! Whether it’s planting seeds in a pot or tending flowers or vegetables in a garden, growing things is a wonderful, hands-on learning experience for pre-school children.
- Moving and grooving with your child Dancing is a great activity to try with your baby or toddler - it’s fun and will help develop some key skills.
- Magic moves for toddlers Toddlers just love to show off their latest physical achievements and, thankfully, it can all add up to the beginnings of a healthy lifestyle.
- I Can Cook: Cooking and baking with children Cooking with children can be fun and teaches them about numbers, weights, ingredients, new tastes and healthy eating.
- Helping toddlers learn about emotions Just how do young children learn to handle those sudden gushes of fear, happiness, unhappiness, joy, shame and all the common human feelings?
- I am so active! Children's bodies are growing and developing fast and they seem to have a real need to try out their newly-acquired skills at every opportunity.
- Movement and imagination Getting little children up and moving and being inspired by their imagination works wonders for their development.