Search our support
We talked to lots of parents and carers from all walks of life to find out how we can help you. After talking to experts who care for or work with children, we made this series of supportive articles and features.
When you need help, CBeebies can support you or find you places that can. To narrow down the choice on offer, select from our list of categories.
There are 23 articles for you:
- Toddlers with lots of questions One of the joys of young children is that they always want to know more!
- Sensory fun for pre-school children Sight, sound, taste, touch and smell – how you can help your pre-schooler make sense of the world around them
- Making time for books at home Your child may be starting to learn to read on their own at school, but it’s still important to continue enjoying books together at home.
- How toddlers learn about different sounds How you can help your toddler to discriminate between all the different sounds around them.
- Helping children learn about shapes and patterns Lots of fun and creative ways to introduce the concept of shape and pattern to young children.
- Babies love faces Babies love faces. And, it seems that making use of your babies first 'toy'- the human face - can provide more than just entertainment.
- Exploring the seasons with children As each season passes, there are so many fun learning opportunities for children to explore.
- Spotting and nurturing talent Encouraging your child to try a wide range of activities – without being a pushy parent.
- Pretend play with toddlers Enjoy some imaginative play with your toddler – they’ll love drawing faces and having fun with puppets.
- Toddlers learn by helping Most toddlers love to be close to you and to be involved in everything you do.
- Socks come in matching pairs! Toddlers love to help - and they also enjoy solving simple puzzles too.
- Have fun taking photos Make the most of events and outings, with some great-value, photo fun.
- Show and tell with your baby How showing and telling your little one things can develop your baby's reasoning skills.
- Schemas: play and your toddler Developmental psychologists call certain sets of play behaviours 'schemas'.
- Preparing your child for a new sibling The arrival of a new sibling can be a tricky time for an older child.
- Meeting new people and diversity There are many ways we can help our child to understand and celebrate diversity.
- Why babies put things in their mouth Young babies learn use their hands and mouth to explore the world around them.
- Cooking and baking with kids Have some culinary fun with your toddler - it will teach them lots of new skills.
Age & needs
- Physical Needs (0)
- Special Educational Needs (1)
- Sensory Impairments (0)
- Diagnoses and medical care (0)
- Support for families (0)
- Video (0)
- Audio (0)
- Text (23)
- Game (0)