Search our support
We talked to lots of parents and carers from all walks of life to find out how we can help you. After talking to experts who care for or work with children, we made this series of supportive articles and features.
When you need help, CBeebies can support you or find you places that can. To narrow down the choice on offer, select from our list of categories.
There are 33 articles for you:
- Benefits of CBeebies Radio CBeebies Radio can help enhance vital listening and communication skills in your child.
- Using musical instruments in creative play Creative play that involves listening to and making music together can help your child’s learning and development.
- The benefits of using Makaton signing Using Makaton signing can boost a child’s confidence and communication skills - and encourage them to express themselves creatively.
- Let’s get planting! Whether it’s planting seeds in a pot or tending flowers or vegetables in a garden, growing things is a wonderful, hands-on learning experience for pre-school children.
- Modern education - not just the 3 Rs Creative development is as important as the other areas in the Early Years Foundation Stage.
- Time to get painting Painting with your toddler is a great way for your child to explore colour – and a great way for you to have fun together.
- Helping toddlers learn about emotions Just how do young children learn to handle those sudden gushes of fear, happiness, unhappiness, joy, shame and all the common human feelings?
- I am so active! Children's bodies are growing and developing fast and they seem to have a real need to try out their newly-acquired skills at every opportunity.
- Movement and imagination Getting little children up and moving and being inspired by their imagination works wonders for their development.
- Learning about colours with kids How grown-ups can help children begin to identify and name colours.
- Keeping active toddlers amused Ways to harness your toddler's seemingly endless energy supply – and help them let off steam.
- Keeping boredom at bay Cheap and easy things to keep your child busy when you have tried all the usual activities and run out of ideas.
- Spotting and nurturing talent Encouraging your child to try a wide range of activities – without being a pushy parent.
- Pretend play with toddlers Enjoy some imaginative play with your toddler – they’ll love drawing faces and having fun with puppets.
- Toddlers and imaginative play Play is essential for your toddler, and a crucial part of their learning.
- Telling stories to children Reading stories out loud to your toddler really encourages your child's listening skills.
- Toddlers learn by helping Most toddlers love to be close to you and to be involved in everything you do.
- Socks come in matching pairs! Toddlers love to help - and they also enjoy solving simple puzzles too.
Age & needs
- Video (0)
- Audio (0)
- Text (33)
- Game (0)