Search our support
We talked to lots of parents and carers from all walks of life to find out how we can help you. After talking to experts who care for or work with children, we made this series of supportive articles and features.
When you need help, CBeebies can support you or find you places that can. To narrow down the choice on offer, select from our list of categories.
There are 14 articles for you:
- Swimming and the Big Splash Swimming has many health and fitness benefits and is something that the whole family can enjoy.
- Weaning: starting your baby on solids Advice on suitable weaning foods to encourage long-term acceptance of healthy foods, especially vegetables.
- The benefits of reading to your baby Enjoying stories with your baby is a great learning experience and it has many positive effects on your child’s development.
- Listening to music with your baby Babies are born with a natural ability to appreciate music - and early exposure to music can have a profound effect on their learning development.
- Moving and grooving with your child Dancing is a great activity to try with your baby or toddler - it’s fun and will help develop some key skills.
- The development of a baby’s food likes and dislikes Understanding the taste preferences that babies are born with – and how infants learn to like (and dislike) different flavours.
- Looking after yourself Parenting can be a very rewarding and joyful experience, but it can also be exhausting. Remember to make time to look after yourself and nurture your own needs.
- I am so active! Children's bodies are growing and developing fast and they seem to have a real need to try out their newly-acquired skills at every opportunity.
- Baby Massage: great for you and your baby You don't need to attend a class to enjoy the wonderful benefits of a baby massage together. Have a go at home!
- Young children and technology at home Striking a balance is the key when it comes to the amount of time your child spends in front of a TV or computer screen.
- Tummy time for babies Give your baby some tummy time - it helps them see their surroundings from a different perspective and promotes physical development.
- Play with your baby using a treasure basket Your baby can enjoy learning while playing with a collection of easy-to-find items.
- Baby sleep problems and solutions Most parents will have a sleep issue with their child at some stage.
- Advice on your toddlers TV and computer habits Should you let your child spend time in front of a TV or computer screen? Here are some points to consider.
Age & needs
- Physical Needs (0)
- Special Educational Needs (0)
- Sensory Impairments (0)
- Diagnoses and medical care (0)
- Support for families (0)
- Video (0)
- Audio (0)
- Text (14)
- Game (0)