Search our support
We talked to lots of parents and carers from all walks of life to find out how we can help you. After talking to experts who care for or work with children, we made this series of supportive articles and features.
When you need help, CBeebies can support you or find you places that can. To narrow down the choice on offer, select from our list of categories.
There are 43 articles for you:
- Sid and CBeebies Little Swimmers Make a Big Splash Double Olympic Champion Rebecca Adlington joins Sid and the Splashtime gang some swimming tips.
- How Tree Fu Tom is designed to help your child The moves are designed to assist in the development of physical and neurological skills.
- Internet use and safety Follow some simple safety tips to help your kids to be safe on the Internet
- Bed wetting It can be stressful for both parent and child – but with patience and support, your child will usually become dry in their own time.
- Exploring outdoors Getting out and about – whether it’s pottering in the garden, a trip to the local park or a walk to the shops - is great for stimulating your child’s curiosity to explore the world outside their home.
- Swimming and the Big Splash Swimming has many health and fitness benefits and is something that the whole family can enjoy.
- Helping your child prepare for an operation With a little forward planning, your child’s hospital treatment need not be a stressful experience. Here are some tips for making it as easy and relaxed as possible.
- Understanding and helping 'fussy eaters' Why children become fussy or picky eaters in their second year - and how you can make foods more familiar and more easily accepted.
- Portion sizes for kids The impact of portion size on children’s eating behaviour – and the best plan of action to take as a parent or carer.
- Weaning: starting your baby on solids Advice on suitable weaning foods to encourage long-term acceptance of healthy foods, especially vegetables.
- Sensory fun for pre-school children Sight, sound, taste, touch and smell – how you can help your pre-schooler make sense of the world around them
- Travel with your child with special needs Top tips for successful travel with your child with special needs.
- Listening to music with your baby Babies are born with a natural ability to appreciate music - and early exposure to music can have a profound effect on their learning development.
- Kids love rhymes and rhyming Singing and chanting rhymes with your toddler can have a dramatic impact on their development - especially their early literacy and language skills.
- The benefits of reading to your baby Enjoying stories with your baby is a great learning experience and it has many positive effects on your child’s development.
- Moving and grooving with your child Dancing is a great activity to try with your baby or toddler - it’s fun and will help develop some key skills.
- The development of a baby’s food likes and dislikes Understanding the taste preferences that babies are born with – and how infants learn to like (and dislike) different flavours.
- Magic moves for toddlers Toddlers just love to show off their latest physical achievements and, thankfully, it can all add up to the beginnings of a healthy lifestyle.