Search our support
We talked to lots of parents and carers from all walks of life to find out how we can help you. After talking to experts who care for or work with children, we made this series of supportive articles and features.
When you need help, CBeebies can support you or find you places that can. To narrow down the choice on offer, select from our list of categories.
There are 18 articles for you:
- Our learning areas - Understanding the world Understanding the world is all about a child’s knowledge and understanding of their world.
- Sid and CBeebies Little Swimmers Make a Big Splash Double Olympic Champion Rebecca Adlington joins Sid and the Splashtime gang some swimming tips.
- Techno-savvy toddlers Technology is all around us – mobile phones, computers, CCTV cameras, interactive toys and games – but should we really encourage young children to ‘play’ with technology?
- Toddlers with lots of questions One of the joys of young children is that they always want to know more!
- Exploring outdoors Getting out and about – whether it’s pottering in the garden, a trip to the local park or a walk to the shops - is great for stimulating your child’s curiosity to explore the world outside their home.
- How toddlers learn about different sounds How you can help your toddler to discriminate between all the different sounds around them.
- Outdoor play How can the weather in Big City Park be used as a starting point for discussion about the wider world with your toddler?
- Pretend play with toddlers Enjoy some imaginative play with your toddler – they’ll love drawing faces and having fun with puppets.
- Toddlers learn by helping Most toddlers love to be close to you and to be involved in everything you do.
- Socks come in matching pairs! Toddlers love to help - and they also enjoy solving simple puzzles too.
- Have fun taking photos Make the most of events and outings, with some great-value, photo fun.
- Schemas: play and your toddler Developmental psychologists call certain sets of play behaviours 'schemas'.
- Preparing your child for a new sibling The arrival of a new sibling can be a tricky time for an older child.
- Kids understanding family trees Help your child understand relationships by creating a family tree.
- Cooking and baking with kids Have some culinary fun with your toddler - it will teach them lots of new skills.
- Baby and toddler maths Even if you think you aren't great at maths, you still have lots to teach your toddler.
- Teaching kids to care for animals Learning to care for animals provides an invaluable experience for your child.
- How toddlers learn through repetition Babies and toddlers thrive on repetition - it's how they learn new information.
Age & needs
- Physical Needs (1)
- Special Educational Needs (0)
- Sensory Impairments (0)
- Diagnoses and medical care (0)
- Support for families (0)
- Video (0)
- Audio (0)
- Text (18)
- Game (0)