Search our support
We talked to lots of parents and carers from all walks of life to find out how we can help you. After talking to experts who care for or work with children, we made this series of supportive articles and features.
When you need help, CBeebies can support you or find you places that can. To narrow down the choice on offer, select from our list of categories.
There are 20 articles for you:
- Exploring outdoors Getting out and about – whether it’s pottering in the garden, a trip to the local park or a walk to the shops - is great for stimulating your child’s curiosity to explore the world outside their home.
- Swimming and the Big Splash Swimming has many health and fitness benefits and is something that the whole family can enjoy.
- Portion sizes for kids The impact of portion size on children’s eating behaviour – and the best plan of action to take as a parent or carer.
- Kids love rhymes and rhyming Singing and chanting rhymes with your toddler can have a dramatic impact on their development - especially their early literacy and language skills.
- Toddlers and friendship What you can do to encourage your toddler to play with other children and make new friends.
- Watch me go! Paying your toddler attention and joining in with them as they master new skills will really boost their confidence.
- Moving and grooving with your child Dancing is a great activity to try with your baby or toddler - it’s fun and will help develop some key skills.
- Make time for family mealtimes We all lead busy lives but it’s important to make healthy regular meals a normal part of family life.
- Toddler sleep Top tips and advice so that you and your toddler both get a good night's sleep.
- Play with your baby using a treasure basket Your baby can enjoy learning while playing with a collection of easy-to-find items.
- Toddlers learn by helping Most toddlers love to be close to you and to be involved in everything you do.
- Socks come in matching pairs! Toddlers love to help - and they also enjoy solving simple puzzles too.
- Schemas: play and your toddler Developmental psychologists call certain sets of play behaviours 'schemas'.
- Potty training for toddlers Knowing when your child is ready for toilet training - and some top tips for success.
- Happy family mealtimes Top tips for making mealtimes with fussy young eaters fun, heathy and less stressful.
- Kids understanding family trees Help your child understand relationships by creating a family tree.
- Baby and toddler maths Even if you think you aren't great at maths, you still have lots to teach your toddler.
- Ideas for inexpensive and free activities for kids Great things to do at little cost that will keep toddlers happy for hours.
Age & needs
- Physical Needs (0)
- Special Educational Needs (0)
- Sensory Impairments (0)
- Diagnoses and medical care (0)
- Support for families (0)
- Video (0)
- Audio (0)
- Text (20)
- Game (0)