Search our support
We talked to lots of parents and carers from all walks of life to find out how we can help you. After talking to experts who care for or work with children, we made this series of supportive articles and features.
When you need help, CBeebies can support you or find you places that can. To narrow down the choice on offer, select from our list of categories.
There are 34 articles for you:
- Help your children learn a new language Learning other languages can have many benefits for young children.
- Toddlers with lots of questions One of the joys of young children is that they always want to know more!
- Using musical instruments in creative play Creative play that involves listening to and making music together can help your child’s learning and development.
- The benefits of using Makaton signing Using Makaton signing can boost a child’s confidence and communication skills - and encourage them to express themselves creatively.
- Kids love rhymes and rhyming Singing and chanting rhymes with your toddler can have a dramatic impact on their development - especially their early literacy and language skills.
- Look who’s counting! Learning to recognise numbers and count can be great fun for toddlers. Here are some tips for helping them along...
- How toddlers learn about different sounds How you can help your toddler to discriminate between all the different sounds around them.
- Moving and grooving with your child Dancing is a great activity to try with your baby or toddler - it’s fun and will help develop some key skills.
- Toddler Talk What to expect - and how parents can best support their child through the complicated process of learning to talk.
- Time to get painting Painting with your toddler is a great way for your child to explore colour – and a great way for you to have fun together.
- Cooking and baking with kids Cooking with children can be fun and teaches them about numbers, weights, ingredients, new tastes and healthy eating.
- Pretend play with toddlers Enjoy some imaginative play with your toddler – they’ll love drawing faces and having fun with puppets.
- Helping children with numbers and maths Ideas for supporting and encouraging your child's learning at home.
- Your toddler: play and his senses Support your toddler's learning by encouraging play that develops sensory awareness.
- Toddlers and imaginative play Play is essential for your toddler, and a crucial part of their learning.
- Play with your baby using a treasure basket Your baby can enjoy learning while playing with a collection of easy-to-find items.
- Toddler sleep Top tips and advice so that you and your toddler both get a good night's sleep.
- Telling stories to children Reading stories out loud to your toddler really encourages your child's listening skills.