Search our support
We talked to lots of parents and carers from all walks of life to find out how we can help you. After talking to experts who care for or work with children, we made this series of supportive articles and features.
When you need help, CBeebies can support you or find you places that can. To narrow down the choice on offer, select from our list of categories.
There are 14 articles for you:
- Being a friend: Your child's social skills How children learn to deal with difference and resolve conflict will come from the example the adults around them set
- Toddlers with lots of questions One of the joys of young children is that they always want to know more!
- The benefits of using Makaton signing Using Makaton signing can boost a child’s confidence and communication skills - and encourage them to express themselves creatively.
- Watch me go! Paying your toddler attention and joining in with them as they master new skills will really boost their confidence.
- Outdoor play How can the weather in Big City Park be used as a starting point for discussion about the wider world with your toddler?
- Helping toddlers learn about emotions Just how do young children learn to handle those sudden gushes of fear, happiness, unhappiness, joy, shame and all the common human feelings?
- Keeping active toddlers amused Ways to harness your toddler's seemingly endless energy supply – and help them let off steam.
- Pretend play with toddlers Enjoy some imaginative play with your toddler – they’ll love drawing faces and having fun with puppets.
- Your toddler: play and his senses Support your toddler's learning by encouraging play that develops sensory awareness.
- Potty training for toddlers Knowing when your child is ready for toilet training - and some top tips for success.
- Preparing your child for a new sibling The arrival of a new sibling can be a tricky time for an older child.
- Helping toddlers to be independent Your toddler will want to be independent - but still requires the right amount of support from you.
- A book at bedtime The benefits to your child of sharing a book at bedtime are numerous.
- How toddlers learn through repetition Babies and toddlers thrive on repetition - it's how they learn new information.
Age & needs
- Physical Needs (0)
- Special Educational Needs (1)
- Sensory Impairments (0)
- Diagnoses and medical care (0)
- Support for families (0)
- Video (0)
- Audio (0)
- Text (14)
- Game (0)