Search our support
We talked to lots of parents and carers from all walks of life to find out how we can help you. After talking to experts who care for or work with children, we made this series of supportive articles and features.
When you need help, CBeebies can support you or find you places that can. To narrow down the choice on offer, select from our list of categories.
There are 22 articles for you:
- How Tree Fu Tom is designed to help your child The moves are designed to assist in the development of physical and neurological skills.
- How Tree Fu Tom Can Help Children With Dyspraxia Dyspraxia is a specific learning difficulty which affects particular aspects of development.
- Choosing a school for a child with SEN Finding the right educational setting for a child with special needs may mean a difficult choice between mainstream and special school.
- Bringing up a child with learning difficulties A child with learning difficulties will take longer to achieve developmental milestones, but there are lots of things you can do to help your child make progress.
- Bringing up a child with ADHD One mother’s story – how ADHD was diagnosed, how the condition affects her son, and how a local support group became a lifeline.
- Bringing up a child with dyslexia One mother’s story – how dyslexia was diagnosed, the support they received and what they have learnt along the way.
- Supporting a child with dyslexia Dyslexic children are just as capable of learning as everyone else – but some things will be a lot harder. The best way a parent can support their child is by being positive. Encourage their strengths and try not to emphasise their weaknesses.
- Helping a visually-impaired child to learn Help your child learn about the world around them by providing a stimulating environment in which to engage them in exciting, challenging non-visual activities.
- Helping an autistic child to learn How schools, parents and professionals can help a child with autism enhance their communication, social skills and learning development.
- Bringing up an autistic child Life with an autistic child can present numerous challenges, but there are ways of managing your child’s condition and making things easier for both of you.
- The benefits of teaching ICT to autistic children ICT is a great learning tool for children with autism and related communication disorders.
- Being a parent of a child with special needs - keeping positive Advice on how to stay positive when bringing up a child with special needs
- Augmentative and Alternative Communication (AAC) People who have little or no speech, or whose speech is difficult to understand, use different ways to communicate.
- The benefits of using Makaton signing Using Makaton signing can boost a child’s confidence and communication skills - and encourage them to express themselves creatively.
- Getting support for a disability tribunal What you need to know before you consider a disability tribunal claim against a school or nursery.
- What is Makaton? CBeebies Grown-ups - Makaton uses signs, symbols and speech to help children and adults communicate.
- CBeebies Switch Games CBeebies has a range of games which are 'switch' compatible.
- Should you tell the school about your child's disability? Disclosing a disability can be hard, but but it can be of enormous benefit to your child.