Search our support
We talked to lots of parents and carers from all walks of life to find out how we can help you. After talking to experts who care for or work with children, we made this series of supportive articles and features.
When you need help, CBeebies can support you or find you places that can. To narrow down the choice on offer, select from our list of categories.
There are 17 articles for you:
- Being a friend: Your child's social skills How children learn to deal with difference and resolve conflict will come from the example the adults around them set
- How Tree Fu Tom Can Help Children With Dyspraxia Dyspraxia is a specific learning difficulty which affects particular aspects of development.
- Toddlers with lots of questions One of the joys of young children is that they always want to know more!
- The benefits of using Makaton signing Using Makaton signing can boost a child’s confidence and communication skills - and encourage them to express themselves creatively.
- Let’s get planting! Whether it’s planting seeds in a pot or tending flowers or vegetables in a garden, growing things is a wonderful, hands-on learning experience for pre-school children.
- How toddlers learn to share Learning to share is a big milestone for many young children. But what can you do to help your little one understand the concept of sharing?
- Teaching children to dress themselves Help your child to acquire the skills they need to dress themselves independently.
- Movement and imagination Getting little children up and moving and being inspired by their imagination works wonders for their development.
- Developing listening skills Young children love telling us about everything and anything - but they also need to practise their listening skills.
- Your toddler: play and his senses Support your toddler's learning by encouraging play that develops sensory awareness.
- Your child's first day at school/nursery Top tips for things you can do to help your child prepare for this important milestone.
- Parents as partners Parents and teachers working together can really extend a child's development.
- Preparing your child for a new sibling The arrival of a new sibling can be a tricky time for an older child.
- CBeebies for 5-6 year olds As children reach school age they begin to spread their wings and want more independence.
- Helping kids understand emotions and feelings Help your child to be better able to express their own needs and feelings.
- Challenging behaviour in young children Dealing with a child's difficult behaviour can be quite worrying at times.
- A book at bedtime The benefits to your child of sharing a book at bedtime are numerous.
Age & needs
- Video (0)
- Audio (0)
- Text (17)
- Game (0)