Search our support
We talked to lots of parents and carers from all walks of life to find out how we can help you. After talking to experts who care for or work with children, we made this series of supportive articles and features.
When you need help, CBeebies can support you or find you places that can. To narrow down the choice on offer, select from our list of categories.
There are 41 articles for you:
- Why should children play outside? Improve children’s physical and sensory development
- Our learning areas - Understanding the world Understanding the world is all about a child’s knowledge and understanding of their world.
- Sid and CBeebies Little Swimmers Make a Big Splash Double Olympic Champion Rebecca Adlington joins Sid and the Splashtime gang some swimming tips.
- Helping children develop movement skills with Tree Fu Tom The spells in Tree Fu Tom have all been designed to help with the development of foundation movement skills.
- Helping your child get ready for school with Tree Fu Tom Tree Fu Tom online has been designed to encourage children of all abilities to develop the skills that are essential for classroom learning.
- Playing CBeebies Webcam Games Support with using webcam games.
- Techno-savvy toddlers Technology is all around us – mobile phones, computers, CCTV cameras, interactive toys and games – but should we really encourage young children to ‘play’ with technology?
- Toddlers with lots of questions One of the joys of young children is that they always want to know more!
- Exploring outdoors Getting out and about – whether it’s pottering in the garden, a trip to the local park or a walk to the shops - is great for stimulating your child’s curiosity to explore the world outside their home.
- Sensory fun for pre-school children Sight, sound, taste, touch and smell – how you can help your pre-schooler make sense of the world around them
- Making time for books at home Your child may be starting to learn to read on their own at school, but it’s still important to continue enjoying books together at home.
- How toddlers learn about different sounds How you can help your toddler to discriminate between all the different sounds around them.
- How toddlers learn to share Learning to share is a big milestone for many young children. But what can you do to help your little one understand the concept of sharing?
- Helping children learn about shapes and patterns Lots of fun and creative ways to introduce the concept of shape and pattern to young children.
- Family's role in your child's life Help your child to forge strong family connections – even when your relatives live far away.
- Teaching children to dress themselves Help your child to acquire the skills they need to dress themselves independently.
- Outdoor play How can the weather in Big City Park be used as a starting point for discussion about the wider world with your toddler?
- Babies love faces Babies love faces. And, it seems that making use of your babies first 'toy'- the human face - can provide more than just entertainment.