Search our support
We talked to lots of parents and carers from all walks of life to find out how we can help you. After talking to experts who care for or work with children, we made this series of supportive articles and features.
When you need help, CBeebies can support you or find you places that can. To narrow down the choice on offer, select from our list of categories.
There are 30 articles for you:
- Being a friend: Your child's social skills How children learn to deal with difference and resolve conflict will come from the example the adults around them set
- How Tree Fu Tom Can Help Children With Dyspraxia Dyspraxia is a specific learning difficulty which affects particular aspects of development.
- Toddlers with lots of questions One of the joys of young children is that they always want to know more!
- The benefits of using Makaton signing Using Makaton signing can boost a child’s confidence and communication skills - and encourage them to express themselves creatively.
- Travel with your child with special needs Top tips for successful travel with your child with special needs.
- Watch me go! Paying your toddler attention and joining in with them as they master new skills will really boost their confidence.
- Let’s get planting! Whether it’s planting seeds in a pot or tending flowers or vegetables in a garden, growing things is a wonderful, hands-on learning experience for pre-school children.
- How toddlers learn to share Learning to share is a big milestone for many young children. But what can you do to help your little one understand the concept of sharing?
- Teaching children to dress themselves Help your child to acquire the skills they need to dress themselves independently.
- Outdoor play How can the weather in Big City Park be used as a starting point for discussion about the wider world with your toddler?
- Mealtimes and coordination difficulties Things you can do to help your child develop the practical skills they need to become independent eaters.
- Helping toddlers learn about emotions Just how do young children learn to handle those sudden gushes of fear, happiness, unhappiness, joy, shame and all the common human feelings?
- Movement and imagination Getting little children up and moving and being inspired by their imagination works wonders for their development.
- Keeping active toddlers amused Ways to harness your toddler's seemingly endless energy supply – and help them let off steam.
- Keeping boredom at bay Cheap and easy things to keep your child busy when you have tried all the usual activities and run out of ideas.
- Developing listening skills Young children love telling us about everything and anything - but they also need to practise their listening skills.
- Pretend play with toddlers Enjoy some imaginative play with your toddler – they’ll love drawing faces and having fun with puppets.
- Your toddler: play and his senses Support your toddler's learning by encouraging play that develops sensory awareness.
Age & needs
- Video (0)
- Audio (0)
- Text (30)
- Game (0)