Search our support
We talked to lots of parents and carers from all walks of life to find out how we can help you. After talking to experts who care for or work with children, we made this series of supportive articles and features.
When you need help, CBeebies can support you or find you places that can. To narrow down the choice on offer, select from our list of categories.
There are 12 articles for you:
- Being a friend: Your child's social skills How children learn to deal with difference and resolve conflict will come from the example the adults around them set
- How Tree Fu Tom Can Help Children With Dyspraxia Dyspraxia is a specific learning difficulty which affects particular aspects of development.
- The benefits of using Makaton signing Using Makaton signing can boost a child’s confidence and communication skills - and encourage them to express themselves creatively.
- Teaching children to dress themselves Help your child to acquire the skills they need to dress themselves independently.
- Keeping boredom at bay Cheap and easy things to keep your child busy when you have tried all the usual activities and run out of ideas.
- Your child's first day at school/nursery Top tips for things you can do to help your child prepare for this important milestone.
- Parents as partners Parents and teachers working together can really extend a child's development.
- Preparing your child for a new sibling The arrival of a new sibling can be a tricky time for an older child.
- CBeebies for 5-6 year olds As children reach school age they begin to spread their wings and want more independence.
- Helping kids understand emotions and feelings Help your child to be better able to express their own needs and feelings.
- Challenging behaviour in young children Dealing with a child's difficult behaviour can be quite worrying at times.
- A book at bedtime The benefits to your child of sharing a book at bedtime are numerous.
Age & needs
- Video (0)
- Audio (0)
- Text (12)
- Game (0)