Blue Peter: Blue Peter Sport Badge 2014 Terms and Conditions
2014 Sport Badge Terms and Conditions
In order to apply for the 2014 Blue Peter Sport Badge you must adhere to the following terms and conditions:
- Sport Badge applications should be received between 29th May and 2pm on 30th September. Applications received after 2pm on 30th September will not be accepted.
- One person per application. Only the person that has inspired someone to get involved with a Sport will receive a Sport Badge, not the person that was inspired.
- To earn your badge you must fill the form in full, you must include a photo showing you and your friend doing the activity or at the venue and tell us the full date you inspired someone. Make sure you ask your parent or guardian to read the terms and conditions and sign the form.
- The Sport Badge application form is open to all UK residents (including residents of the Channel Islands and the Isle of Man)
- To apply you must be between the ages of 6-15 on the 30th September 2014. The person that you inspired must be between the ages of 5 and 15.
- Applications can only be sent by post, if you email us your application we cannot include it.
- Please only send your application once. If you have made a mistake on your application please send it again but with a note telling us it is your second submission.
- If you have a Sport Badge you can apply for another one as this year’s badge is different.
- To earn a Sport badge the activity must be one of the following sports:
AEROBICS, AMERICAN FOOTBALL, ARCHERY, ATHLETICS, BADMINTON, BASEBALL AND SOFTBALL, BASKETBALL, BIATHLON, BOCCIA, BOWLS, BOXING, CANOEING, CAPOEIRA, CLIMBING, CROQUET, CRICKET, CURLING, CYCLING, DANCE, DARTS, DISABILITY SPORT, DIVING, EQUESTRIAN SPORT, FENCING, FOOTBALL, FRISBEE, GAELIC FOOTBALL, GOLF, GYMNASTICS, HANDBALL, HOCKEY, HURLING, ICE HOCKEY, ICE SKATING, JUMP ROPE, KAYAKING, KORFBALL, LACROSSE, MARTIAL ARTS, MODERN PENTATHLON, MOTORSPORT, NETBALL, ORIENTEERING, ROLLER SKATING, ROUNDERS, ROWING, RUGBY, RUNNING, SAILING, SNOOKER, POOL AND BILLIARDS, SHINTY, SHOOTING, SKIING, SQUASH, SNOWBOARDING, SWIMMING, TABLE TENNIS, TENNIS, TRACK AND FIELD SPORTS, TRAMPOLINE, TRIATHLON, VOLLEYBALL, WATER POLO, WEIGHTLIFTING, WINDSURFING, WINTER SPORTS, WRESTLING.
- If you have inspired a friend to take part in a different sporting activity that is not featured on this list then you can still apply for a 2014 Blue Peter Sport badge, but we cannot guarantee that you will be successful.
Terms and Conditions to be a judge for Young Sports Personality of the Year
Applying to be a judge for Young Sports Personality of the Year is open to all successful applicants who receive the Blue Peter Sport Badge 2014, (Terms and Conditions of the Sport Badge apply) except those closely related to BBC staff members, freelance employees of the BBC or anyone involved in the casting process.
The BBC reserves the right to request proof of age for entrants as well as parent’s or guardian’s consent. Only one entry per person must be submitted. No joint entries will be allowed.
The following rules apply:
- You can only apply to be a judge for Young Sports Personality of the Year by successfully submitting your Sport Badge 2014 application form.
- Holders of a 2013 Sport Badge will not be eligible to be considered unless they inspire someone new and apply for the new Sport Badge 2014.
By submitting an application to be a judge for Young Sports Personality of the Year, entrant’s parent/guardian are deemed to have given consent for the application to be published free of charge by the BBC/BBC Worldwide in all media, including television, print and internet, for all purposes as it wishes. BBC’s conditions on contributions apply to the terms and conditions and can be found http://www.bbc.co.uk/terms/personal.shtml#5.
All applications will be assessed in the first instance by members of the Blue Peter team. This first stage will decide which applications should be put forward to the second stage. The first assessment will select the top twenty candidates from the Sport badge 2014 application forms.
The second stage will comprise of phone interviews with members of the Blue Peter production team for the top twenty candidates. The Young Sports Personality of the Year judge will be decided following the phone interview stage. One young judge will be chosen and the Blue Peter production team’s decision is final.
The young judge will be selected using following criteria:
- The applicant will have been successful in their application for a Blue Peter Sport Badge 2014 and the quality of the Sport Badge application may also be taken into consideration.
- The quality of the answer to the question, “Why would you be a great judge for Young Sports Personality of the Year 2014?” will be assessed. The answer must demonstrate a passion for sport, show why they are good at making decisions and be all their own work. If there is any reasonable doubt about this the application will not be considered.
- In a phone interview the candidates will be assessed on their suitability for the role, confidence in a judging situation and ability to deal with the task and appearing on camera.
- Being part the panel that decides who wins Young Sports Personality of the Year 2014 is a responsible role, the young judge will need to be confident working with adults and making informed decisions.
The successful applicant will be a judge on the panel for Young Sports Personality of the Year 2014 during the week of the 24th November 2014. They will also attend the Sports Personality of the Year awards ceremony on the 14th December in Glasgow and could be asked to appear on Blue Peter. A parent or guardian must be able to attend all dates.
These dates are non-movable, but we reserve the right to change it due to editorial/production considerations. Tickets for attendance of the Sports Personality of the Year awards ceremony are non-transferable.
The BBC will obtain appropriate child licences for the young judge if needed. Reasonable travel, food, accommodation costs will be provided by the BBC for the chosen young judge and a parent/guardian for the judging panel date and for the Sports Personality of the Year Awards Ceremony.
The young judge will be deemed to have agreed to be filmed during the Young Sports Personality of the Year 2014 judging panel and Sports Personality of the Year awards ceremony. Entrants will be expected to take part in publicity for the BBC if requested. The parent/guardian of the young judge will be required to sign contributor consent forms and non-disclosure agreements as to the results on behalf of their child/ward and themselves to allow the BBC to use the contributions in all media for all purposes.
Phone interviews to the 20 short listed entrants and their parent/guardian will be made between Monday 3rd November and Monday 17th November in order to check eligibility. If an entrant is unable to be contacted after reasonable attempts have been made to do so, BBC reserves right to exclude them from the application process.
The successful young judge will be notified by the end of Monday 17th November by telephone, as per the contact details provided in their sport badge application form. In the event of the successful candidate being unable to be contacted, or being unable to attend the judging panel during the week of the 24th November or the Sports Personality of the Year awards ceremony on the 14th December, or if the successful candidate is found to be in breach of the rules or fails to take up the role of Young Sports Personality of the Year judge for any reason, including illness, unavailability, problems in having consent for absence from school, licensing difficulties, problems with obtaining a sign off from their doctor regarding state of health to participate, the BBC reserves the right to offer the opportunity to the next best candidate who will be ranked in order of merit, but it is not obliged to do so.
The production team’s decision as to the successful candidate is final. No correspondence relating to the selection process will be entered into. Unsuccessful entrants will not be contacted.
The BBC reserves the right to cancel the application process or change any of these rules at any stage if deemed necessary in its opinion or if circumstances arise outside of its control. Any such changes will be duly communicated.
These terms and conditions are governed by the laws of England and Wales.