Applications for the BBC Kick Off Trainee Sports Reporters Scheme are now open and close at midnight on Sunday 11th May 2014. Click on the location of your choice below to apply.
The BBC Kick Off Trainee Sports Reporter Scheme gives talented people from a diverse range of backgrounds the opportunity to learn and develop sports reporting skills at the BBC.
The work experience placements are for two days a week for eight weeks during July and August 2014. Placements are available in the BBC across the UK. We welcome people from a diverse range of backgrounds.
What’s on offer?
- You’ll learn how to interview and to write sports stories for radio and online
- Go to sports events and be part of a team bringing all the excitement of sport to BBC audiences
- You’ll receive full training
- A mentor from your chosen BBC site
What we’re looking for:
- You will need to be aged 18 or over on 1st July 2014. There are no other age limitations
- A proven passion for sport
- A willingness to further your career in sport journalism
- You don’t need to have any prior journalism experience or training to apply
Many previous Kick Off trainee sports reporters have gone on to full time work in sport for the BBC across the UK, from local radio to BBC Sport in Salford. Don’t miss out on your chance!
Here are the locations available across the UK:
Manchester - Online
Nottingham - Online
Three Counties Radio
If you have questions, please email KickOffReporters@bbc.co.uk.
Read our Twitter Q&A with our Apprenticeship managers.
This page is best viewed in an up-to-date web browser with style sheets (CSS) enabled. While you will be able to view the content of this page in your current browser, you will not be able to get the full visual experience. Please consider upgrading your browser software or enabling style sheets (CSS) if you are able to do so.